11

Your eyes slowly fluttered open when Juice gently spoke your name, and you yawned, "Good morning

Your eyes slowly fluttered open when Juice gently spoke your name, and you yawned, "Good morning."

You greeted him groggily, smiling as you stretched and sat up, "Good morning, darlin', how'd you sleep?"

"Great." You sniffed the air and your smile grew, "What's that smell?"

"French toast." He said, smiling proudly, "And scrambled eggs."

Your grin didn't budge as you accepted a quick kiss on the lips, "I smell coffee too?"

"Like I'd make ya go without your morning cuppa Joe."

You laughed and got to your feet, cheeks heating up as Juice grabbed your hand and led you out to the kitchen, "I can't believe I slept in."

You mused, shocked when the clock read a quarter past eleven. He nodded, pulling a bar stool out at the island for you, then he started making you both a cup of coffee, "I remembered you telling me that sleeping in is pretty irregular for you, so I thought I'd let ya sleep."

"How long have you been up?"

"Long enough to cook." He answered, setting the (F/C) mug in front of you, "And map out today's route, so we don't get screwed on stopping for food again."

You thanked him softly and watched as he moved on to making plates, your fondness for him was almost overwhelming. He was gentle, everything he did was at your pace, and he never did anything if he wasn't sure if you'd be okay with it. You swallowed the sudden lump in your throat and got to your feet, "Don't make my plate yet, I wanna have a cigarette."

He nodded and set the plates down before he started dishing food onto them, "Can I join ya?"

You swallowed hard again before nodding, walking to the small living room to grab your kutte off the coat rack. You fished your cigarette pack out of the leather and pulled your lighter out next, then you both stepped out onto the front porch. Juice thanked you after you passed a cigarette to him, "So, how'd you sleep?"

He asked you, watching the flame on your zippo when you held it up to light his, then yours, "Better than usual, it's so quiet out here. I'm honestly surprised I could sleep without all the City Sounds."

He chuckled softly, nodding some as he took a long drag off the cigarette, "I hear that, I was born in Queens. Moving to Charming was a crazy change of pace."

You smiled some, so excited to finally be where you knew you belonged. Juice watched you, leaning against one of the pillars holding the awning up, "What?"

You whispered to him, smile growing some as you just stared at each other now; the Puerto Rican shrugged, "I like lookin' at ya."

He answered honestly, smiling at you. Your cheeks heated up and you rolled your eyes, "Flattery don't charge these batteries."