20

"(Y/N)~" Tara sang as she walked into your room, smiling when she saw you standing at your old bulletin board, with all the pictures of you guys as kids pinned to it, "Ten years is a long time

"(Y/N)~" Tara sang as she walked into your room, smiling when she saw you standing at your old bulletin board, with all the pictures of you guys as kids pinned to it, "Ten years is a long time."

"It's like being inside a time capsule." You laughed softly, looking at your smiling faces, "I really missed you, T."

"I missed you, (N/N)." She hugged you tightly and pulled away to show you the dress she'd brought from her house, "I bought this a week ago and wore it once before I realized this was your dress."

"Oh yeah?" You gently took it from her hands and whistled appreciatively, "White has always looked great on me."

She giggled and nodded quickly, "Exactly."

You dropped your towel and put on a white lacy strapless bra, followed by a matching pair of off-white panties, "Sexy?"

You asked her, smiling when she nodded, "So, what's going on with you and Juice?"

You sighed as you deflated immediately, "I decline to answer on the grounds that I still have to sort through the severity of my emotions."

Tara laughed and shook her head at you, "You're the same person you were ten years ago; Juice is not going to let you down, (N/N), I know somehow, someway, we've let you down. But, he won't."

You smiled a little and took a deep breath, "Tara, I've only known him a week; I'm terrified."

Her eyebrows furrowed some and she sat down on the edge of the bed, watching you put the dress on, realizing now that Juice isn't scaring you the way everyone will assume he is. You're not the same person you were ten years ago, your fears had grown from being afraid of being hurt. You surrendered yourself to the pure rawness of the world, and you still weren't sure how to deal with being able to live with your soul on the outside of your body. She smiled gently at you, "Princess, you're here because you've led your life through risks, every choice you make and will ever make is because you know that we only exist to learn: you've never failed and floundered."

You took a shaky breath as she zipped the dress up, eyes watering for a moment, "I've never floundered, but I've lost far too much to see if I ever will."

Tara took the opportunity to be blunt, "Fine. So stop taking risks and push everyone away and always flounder because the unknown is just what is. It's unknown, and even with all of your vast knowledge: the facts still scare you more than fiction."

You stared at her for a long moment, taken aback by the sarcasm before chuckling softly, "Thanks."

"You're welcome." She nodded, giving you a side hug before getting off the bed, "Now, let's get you upstairs so Juice can drool, yeah?"

You stopped her long enough to get your camera out and set the timer up, "Wait, let's take a picture!"

She smiled happily and hugged you tightly, smiling at the camera until the shutter clicked, then you followed her out of the room and up the stairs. You could smell the scent of Gemma cooking your favorite meal wafting down from the kitchen and smiled happily, feeling more at home than you'd felt in years. Jax whistled when Tara came into his view, walking over quickly to swoop her up in his arms and plant an annoyingly affectionate kiss on her; annoying to witness, anyway. You rolled your eyes and walked around them to walk outside to smoke, breathing in the air deeply as you sat down on the porch swing, "Goddamn!"