23

Later that night, you get a call from Unser while you're cooking dinner and waiting to hear from Juice, "Hello?"

"(Y/N), you need to meet me at Gemma's." He said softly, but urgently, "Immediately."

"Uh... uh, okay yeah." You started turning off the burners and moving the pots off the heat, then took a mental picture of what you were doing with the box you were unpacking, "I'll be there in ten, fifteen at most depending on if that traffic light on Main Street wants to fuck with me."

He forced a laugh and smiled, "Yeah, okay."

He hung up and you looked up when you heard the rumbling of Juice's bike pulling up outside, and you met him at the door, "Hey, I've gotta run for a little while; I need ya to watch the food on the stove for me, okay? Don't eat without me, I really will be right back; I love you."

You said without even thinking, putting your helmet on and running over to your bike, leaving Juice standing there in stunned silence as you sped off down the road. He smiled brightly and shook his head in amazement before stepping inside and walking over to the kitchen to get the pots back on the burners.

...

"Gem?" You called gently as you stepped inside the house, and you gave Tara a shocked look when she stepped into the kitchen with a bowl full of bloody water, "What the fuck?"

She looked up at you as she poured the bowl down the garbage disposal before turning to look at you. Her voice was soft when she spoke, hushed and full of disgust, "Zobelle had Gemma gang-raped."

You stared at her with wide eyes before rushing to the dining room, you wanted to make sure your aunt was okay, and when you laid your eyes on her swollen face, rage began swimming in your guts, "What happened?"

You snarled, gently looking over her cuts before wrapping your arms around her gingerly. Gemma rested her head against your chest and closed her eyes, "I got in a car accident."

You shook your head, closing your eyes, "I could wipe every last one of 'em off the planet, Gemma, just give me the word."

She shook her head, "You're here because I know I can trust you not to do anything stupid right away, and because I can trust you not to tell anyone."

You furrowed your eyebrows and pulled from the hug to give her an incredulous look, "You expect me to hide all this?"

"You must," Gemma stated firmly, looking into your eyes, "I need you to tell me that you will."

You must have stared at each other for at least five minutes before you sighed heavily, "I don't agree with this, Gem; but what happened to you is not my business to tell anyway."

She smiled gently at you and grabbed your hands, "Thank you, honey. I made some pies today, they're on the counter; take one."

You chuckled softly and nodded, "Okay."