Chapter 3

Months later, Kie was about to head out to her longest business trip and won't be back for a while.

"Do you have to go mom?" Nezuko asked her mom.

"I do sweetie. But I'll be back before you know it." Kie replied.

"We'll miss you mom." Tanjiro said.

"I'll miss all of you as well."

Kie bent down to her children's hight and both kissed thier foreheads.

"But you'll have Muzan and your two lovely step siblings to keep you company."

"Ok mom." Nezuko said.

"We'll have lots of fun together." Muzan warmly smiled.

"Be careful mom." Tanjiro said to his mother.

"I love you both." Kie said to Nezkuo and Tanjiro.

"We love you too!"

Both siblings hugged thier mother.

Once they parted, the family waved goodbye from a distance as they watched Kie walk away fading into the distance, seeing her for the last time.

Hours have gone by and Nezuko was just hanging out with Susamaru, while Tanjiro was cleaning up a bit. But for several "reasons" Muzan was "dropping" everything he picked up and asking Tanjiro to clean it up and good kind hearted Tanjiro accepted to do it.

"Once your done with that Tanjiro, do you mind doing the laundry?" Muzan asked.

"Yes. Muzan." Tanjiro replied.

"Good boy." Muzan said, patting Tanjiro's head gently.

Tanjiro didn't say anything besides letting out a sigh.

Later that night, Kie still hasn't returned and this worried Tanjiro a bit.

'She did say she was gonna take a while' Tanjiro thought in his mind.

That's when there was a knock on the door.

"Mom!"

Nezuko exclaimed. She rushed to open the door but it wasn't her mother, it was one of the people from the village.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you dear." The women apologized.

"Oh it alright." Tanjiro said showing up from behind.

"I bring some terrible and depressing news."

"Oh no! What happened!?" Nezuko asked, with a concerned expression.

"Your mother fell deeply ill during one of her trips and was rushed to the doctor and had sadly passed away." The women explained.

Tanjiro and Nezuko went wide eyed, unable to say anything besides tears shredding from thier eyes.

"I am deeply sorry for your lost. Your mother was a wonderful kind women." The lady said.

Muzan, and the two other siblings heard about the tragedy that happened to Kie, and went to go comfort the Kamado siblings.