Chapter 6

The very next day.

Tanjiro had just slowly started to wake up. He sat up as he was hit by the sunlight through the small kitchen basement window. His face was cover in dust and cinder.

He rubbed his eyes to start waking up. Besides him are his little creature friends, such as Chuntaro the sparrow.

"Chirp chrip!"

The sparrow chirp in a way of saying 'good morning!'

Tanjiro giggled. "Good morning to you to Chuntaro."

Tanjiro was jumped after hearing the bells ringing on the kitchen wall as his step brother and sister exclaimed from up stairs.

"TANJIRO!!!"

"TANJIRO!!! HURRY UP!!"

Tanjiro quickly got up and ran to tend to them.

Later that afternoon, The three demons were relaxing on sofa as Susamaru was trying to draw a portrait of Muzan while Yahaba played the piano and trying to sing at the same time, but sucked really bad.

Tanjiro didn't say a thing but tried to deal with the terrible singing Yahaba speaked.

By the end if the song Yahaba had finally stopped singing.

"Please do shut up." Muzan said.

"Sir, breakfast is ready." Tanjiro spoked.

"Good." Muzan said as he got up and made his way to the table as Susamaru and Yahaba followed from behind.

As Muzan and the two demons reached the table, Muzan noticed two extra plates.

"Um... Who's two extra seat is this for?" Muzan asked in a malicious tone.

"Oh, um that's for me and my sister." Tanjiro replied.

"Well your sister isn't up from bed." Muzan started. "Plus you're filthy! There's no way you're going to sit with us."

Susamaru and Yahaba let out a laugh.

"Cindertan."

"Dirtytan."

"I have it! Cindertanjiro!" Yahaba said. "That's what we'll call you!"

"Oh you two are so clever." Muzan said as the three demons laughed.

Tanjiro felt picked on, that he walked away back to the basement kitchen while carrying some dirty dishes.

Turns out Nezuko heard it all and followed her brother without him noticing.

One Tanjiro reached the basement table he started to break down causing to drop the dishes making them break. Tanjiro was startled but yet sobbing as he looked up looking through the reflection of a vase, seeing himself cover with cinder.

Nezuko approached her brother and felt so bad for him that she couldn't bare to see him like this, which made her upset and angry.

Tanjiro noticed his younger sister standing besides him while huffing angry noises.

"Nezuko..."

Nezuko then started running off through the back door, running off to the woods.

"Nezuko! Wait!" Tanjiro exclaimed running after her.