Chapter 10- Todoroki's secret

"A tournament, huh? So we'll be up in that ring I see on TV every year!" Kirishima said as soon as it was announced. "Was it a tournament last year too?" Mina asked. "The format's always different, but most years involve some kind of head-to-head competition." Sero answered her.

"The matchups will be decided by drawing lots," Midnight pulled out a box with 'Lots' written on it. "Once that's settled, we'll move on to the festivities and then the tournament itself! It's up to each of you 16 finalists whether or not you participate in the fun. I expect some of you would rather take a breather and save your strength." She explained.

"Now, let's start with the first—place team..." Midnight wanted to continue but was interrupted. "Um... Excuse me... I'd like to drop out..." Ojiro from class A said that and that shocked his classmates and everyone participating.

"Ojiro! Why?!" someone said. "This is your chance to get noticed by the pros!!" they continued. "The cavalry battle... I have no memories of anything that happened up until the tail end. It's probably his quirk that did it..." He pointed to the leader of his cavalry team. Shinso just stood there, looking onto ground, and after he noticed he was the one the other boy talked about, he turned around to face him.

"I know this is a great opportunity... and I know how stupid it must seem to throw it away..." he started explaining. "Ojiro." One of his classmates said. "But this final tournament... Everyone else made it here by their own strength. Yes I'm standing here, and I don't even know how or why... I just can't take it."

"You're thinking about it too hard! Just show what you're made of in the tournament!" and invisible girl screamed at him. "By that logic. I shouldn't really be here either." Mina remarked. "No... I'm talking about my pride, here... I don't think it's right." He put his head in his hand while he talked.

"I can't remember anything either... I wanna withdraw too! This is a contest of skill. Letting someone who didn't do anything advance... Doesn't it defeat the whole point of the sports festival? Isn't it even against the rules??" another boy, from class B, said.

"These guys!! So manly!" Kirishima said to himself.

"We have a strange turn of events... What will the coordinator, Midnight, decide?" Present mic expressed himself.

"How naive ..." she said in a low tone while holding her whip. "I..." she held it to her left "like it!" the whip made a crack sound as she whipped it. "Shoda and Ojiro have officially withdrawn!" she shouted.

"She liked it?" someone asked with a sweat coming from their head. "Replacing those two will be members of team Kendo, which took fifth..." Midnight said and the announced team started to decide who's going to fight. It wasn't any of them. They choose team Tetsutetsu because they were giving it their all until the very end

"And here are the matchups!"

(Amazing chart here, probs be added later)

'If I win my first match I'm gonna go against Todoroki, I bet it's gonna be a close battle...' Izuku thought as he looked at the matchups.

"Izuku Midoriya. That's you, yeah?" Someone asked behind him. Izuku turned around and saw his first opponent of the day. Shinso was just standing before him, looking at him. Before Izuku could even think about his answer he was silenced by Ojiro by using his tail.

"Midoriya!! That guy... Don't answer him." Ojiro said as he came over to Izuku. By that time, Shinso was already walking away.

'Sooner than expected, then...' Todoroki thought 'Bring your best, Midoriya. I'm taking you down.'

"Uraraka?" Katskuki exclaimed loudly to which the girl just covered with fear and did a 'eek' sound.

"Are you Iida?!" Hatsume came straight to the said boy and laughed a little. "Hmm? Indeed, I am Iida!" the boy answered. "OH!! Great. Actually, I...-"