Chapter 9- Who never gives up

"There's more suffering ahead for those at the top... As you must have heard countless times since enrolling at U.A., this is... PLUS ULTRA!" Midnight said with a dark smile. 'After taking first place in the qualifiers, Izuku Midoriya...has got ten millions points'

By everyone's stares, Izuku was reminded of his entire life. His middle school class', his high school's classmates after they'd found that he was quirkless, his colleagues at work. He felt overwhelmed but stared at the floor to try and not having a panic attack. He felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked at the person and it was Yuuen with a warm smile on her face.

"You know this has to be like this." She whispered to him and walked further into a crowd, not to be seen.

"The match will last 15 minutes. Each team's points are determined by its members. The rider will wear a headband displaying the total number of points! Until the match ends, you'll all compete to grab each other's points and maintain the ones you have. Any headbands you grab must be worn around the neck or higher. But more headbands you've got, the harder they'll be to manage."

"Most importantly even if your headband is taken... and even if your horse formation is broken... It's not over 'til it's over!!" Midnight announced.

"That means..." "With 42 contestants there'll be 10 to 12 teams on the field the whole time...?" "So there's no need to panic if your points are temporarily stolen, yeah?" "But you can't really tell if you're not paying attention to the minute-by-minute point breakdown, Mina..." Few people from 1-A were talking amongst each other.

"Quirks are allowed, so it'll be a brutal battle! However... It's still a cavalry battle! Maliciously attacking another team with the intent of making them fall will get you a red card! And that means you're out of the game...!" You've got 15 minutes! Time to form your teams!!" Midnight announced and offed her mic and shut up.

"Team up with me!!" someone screamed. "Hey, Bakugo, pick me!!" another one said. People were swarming Bakugo and yet, he didn't care about them he looked at the girl that taunted him a few days ago. "I don't even know what your idiots' quirks are!!" he answered to the people.

"Even with a personality like that, he took third. That's 200 points... Not surprised he's popular though, given how all- purpose his quirk is..." Toshinori said to himself.

"Team up with me, Bakugo!" some redhead screamed through the crowd of people around the said boy. Bakugo finally turned away to looked at the boy coming to him "Huh? Shitty hair." "The name's Kirishima! Remember it!" he caught his breath and continued his speech.

"I know you wanna be a rider, right?! So your front horse had better be someone who can take all those explosions, yeah? Who might that be?!" he asked. "...Someone not afraid to die." Bakugo said back. "Nope!! It's me, with my 'Hardening'!!" he pointed to him self."This horse won't break! You wann tak Midoriya down, right?!" Kirishima held up a fist as he said that witch confidence in his voice.

"Shoji... Shoji...!!" "I tried to team up with some girls, but...! Please be on my team!!!" Mineta scream as he bawled his eyes out. "I'm too small to be part of the horse! And no one'll agree to be horse to my rider! But with your size and those tentacles... You'd be able to hide my entire body, right??!" he pleaded with the said boy. "Great idea, Mineta."

'Right. Everyone's sticking to their own class. Mostly because we don't know about the other class's quirks... I've gotta figure something out, quickly,' Izuku thought as he planned on what's he's going to do and finally figured it out a girl tapped his shoulder.

"Team up with-" "Uraraka, will you be on my team?" he cut her off and then realized what she tried to say and calmed down.

"Heh heh heh... Yes! You're in the first place BROcolli!" Mei had come to him and breathed as she tried to get he breathing steady. "Team up with me, Mr. First Place BROcolli!" she got right into his face. "Whoa, too close, Mei, too close..." he said with a blush on his face.