𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

"ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM DECIDE FOR YOU?" Rebe asked as I walked over, shaking her head at both Nadia and Samuel who seemed to have annoyed her. "What's happening?" I asked as I sat on the table beside them, Nadia looking nervous as Rebe smiled at her. "I'm up for it. The club... You haven't heard?" I shook my head and she shrugged, "Well, I'm sure you'll come, right? Fuck the rich, vámonos?" Both Nadia and I smiled, as Samuel gave in, finally agreeing to go. "Tonight will be fun, just you wait," Rebe said, and Samuel shook his head, just as our teacher entered the classroom, we made our way to our seats, with Christian rushing to sit next to me. "Hola. We meet again." I laughed, noting his English had improved dramatically. "Shhh. You're on probation, remember, no flirting." He shook his head, holding his hands up defensively. "Me? Flirting? How can I not?" He said, smirking at me as he placed his arm over my shoulder, despite the looks Carla and Polo were throwing our way. "Jesus Christ." I rolled my eyes, leaning onto him as our teacher rambled on about the importance of this year, how our focus was needed, and despite hard times, there will be no extra chances. Basically, we need to work hard; they don't care that our friend is dead.

After Miss Alves went through this year's curriculum with us, the bell rang, and it was home time already. Thank god. "Let's meet at the club. It's Valerio's party I think, you have to come, Jada!" Rebe called out as she rushed off down the stairs, not waiting in the school a second longer. I followed in her steps, not wanting to deal with anything or anyone until Valerio and Ander stepped in my way. "Hola! Ander!" I embraced him like I hadn't seen him in years when in truth, it was only for the summer. "Te extrañé." He whispered in my ear, and I held him tighter, glad that no matter the divide between Guzman and Polo and us, we would always have each other. "We need to catch up soon, what about tonight?" Ander asked, and that's when Valerio stepped in. "Well, she didn't give me a hug, so I don't think she wants to come." I rolled my eyes at the boy, "Anyone related to Lu in any way is not in my good books, got it?" I said, and he held a finger to my lips as if to shush me, the action making me blush slightly. "Don't worry. I'll prove we are nothing alike tonight, just wait and see." He said, before moving aside to let me pass, bowing at me as if I was some sort of princess. Ander smirked at the scene, and I shook my head profusely in denial of whatever he was insinuating.

"Jada, let's go," Samuel called out, nodding to Valerio and Ander as we left, the two of us walking home, no more Nano giving us lifts like last year. I missed Nano sometimes, despite the ups and downs of our friendship, I did care about him, a lot, and I knew he didn't do what they'd accused him of. Although he didn't always make the best decisions, one thing I knew was that there was no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't hurt Marina. She was carrying his baby, they planned to raise that family together, with both of them plotting to leave. Of course, in the process, they both did their fair share of hurting those they love, but I get it. It was their way out. It's a shame how quickly the ideal life was torn from Nano's hands.