Sodapop

They were in Iraq now, they'd gotten another Eternal, Phastos. Now they needed their ship and the last Eternal who was on this ship.

Druig had mind-controlled the sciency people who'd been digging up something as Sprite made them visible again.

Corey walked beside Sprite, waddling along like a little duck.

Phastos made some sort of holographic energy thing of what Corey assumed to be their ship and the ground began falling away in front of them while their ship rose.

Sprite took off their sunglasses and Corey stared in wonder, no matter what happened on this trip everything still seemed to amaze him.

"The Domo," Karun said behind them as he filmed the ship.

"That was awesome!" Corey smiled.

-☼-

"A foreboding atmosphere fills the air," Kingo narrated as they walked down the corridor. "An eerie stillness chokes our lungs."

"What are you doing?" Phastos asked from behind him. "You know you are creeping us out. You know that, right?"

A bang came and Corey grabbed Sprite's hand out of fear.

Oh! Oh god! Stay calm T, please!" He looked down at where Thena had stepped on a bag of crisps which had caused the noise. "Chips. It's just chips."

Sprite reddened as they realized that they and Corey were not only still holding hands but it had been caught on film by the camera Karun was using. Corey let go itching the back of her neck as she gave Sprite a side-eye to see how they'd reacted.

"As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions such as cowardice." Kingo continued.

They stopped and looked out into a room, it was lined with books and on a sort of chair/throne, there was somebody who seemed to be speed-reading, flipping through the pages of a book while they scanned and memorized the information.

"What has she done?" Phastos asked. "Is that...a sarcophagus in my lab?"

"This is Makkari. Or should I say, Miss Havisham? None of us have seen her for centuries."

Makkari signed something and Corey looked to Sprite who seemed determined to look anywhere but at her.

"Can someone tell me what she just said, cause I only know British Sign Language and I'm assuming that considering you're an entirely different species you have your own sign language?" Corey reasoned.

"I think there's a book in here somewhere that has a bit, like a beginners guide, I'll see if I can find it later," Druig told her and she looked up hopeful, he was the person she'd least expected to help her with this but she was very grateful.

"Hmm."

-☼-

Phastos was working on something while the others stood about, looking at Makkari's treasures.

Thena swung a sword around, testing how it felt.

"Is that the Ebony Blade?" Sprite asked her putting down the scroll they'd been reading.

"Excalibur."

She swung it around and sliced through the air.

"Arthur always did have a crush on you," Sprite recalled.

"These scrolls are really cool, I have no idea what any of them say cause they all seem to be in other languages, but they're really cool," Corey told Sprite holding up a scroll.