In The Middle Of The War

After hearing that there was a surprise attack at Watatsumi island, Arataki Itto, a local outlaw decided to take a look at the place.

"This place is totally wasted! I know the war has been going on for quite some time, but if this is the aftermath everywhere, then Inazuma is fucked. Can't believe Sarah did something this bad... I'm extremely disappointed!" Arataki complained just like a politician would.

A movement coming from a pile of bodies, caught the Oni's attention making him walk towards the place.

"Hey? Is anybody here?"

As soon as those words come out of his mouth, something or rather someone, jumps out of the pile and points they're arrow right towards Itto's head.

"Woah there, calm down, I'm not gonna hurt you. You seem to be quite injured, so lemme help you."

The other only growled and threw an arrow in response. Luckily, Arataki dodged.

"Ok enough of this!" The oni screamed running against his target, making the same fall on the ground.

He could finally get a clearer look at the stranger's face, it was actually quite cute, a fluffy tail and a pair of cute ears. It could only be that dog general everyone talks about.

"Don't touch me! You fucking psycho! Don't you dare touch me! We won't lose this battle!" The general shouted from the top of his lungs.

"Hey, hey, calm down, look at me, look me in the eyes, I'm no soldier. I'm an outlaw so don't compare me to them."

"Those crimson red eyes, where have I seen it? Oh it's the oni who's always escaping the shogun! It's no threat. I'm safe, I'm fine, I'm-"

Gorou couldn't even finish his line of thought and tears start dripping down from his eyes. He starts breaking into sobs, he couldn't protect anyone, he couldn't protect, Kokomi, he couldn't protect his people, he couldn't protect his soldiers, he was completely useless.

"What should I do with this little dude? Whatever, I'll take him home for now." And like that Itto made his final decision.

He picked up the, now crying, general  and carried him on his back, he was as light as a feather, and for some reason that bothered Itto quite a lot.

In the middle of the way, the sobs and the whimpers stopped, the Gorou had passed out after so much battling. He was fragile and injured.

The only thing Arataki wished for right now, was to arrive home as soon as possible.