Love is War

As if floating between love and war, Gorou persists, with the help of those who care in the times of need. Though sometimes, it was odd. Itto, at the sight of Gorou would shiver, it was understandable since most of the time Gorou was hurt but when Arataki looked into his beloved's eyes, for some reason, it was has if he was looking beyond, to a near future. Not knowing exactly why, Gorou felt as if it was deeply wrong. There wasn't enough time to wonder though, so he brushed it off, after all, every little moment with him is just too valuable.

Itto was waiting for him at the entrance of the house, at times like this, he'd truly wonder who was a dog.
"Welcome home!" Itto excitingly whispered with a faint smile.
"Thanks Itto, you seem tired, is everything fine?
"When you're with me there's no doubt that I'll be fine... C'mon in, there's something I'd like to talk with you" Again with a weak voice.

They entered the kitchen and, as Gorou sat down, Itto started preparing some tea and cookies. The sound of the water flow is interrupted by Arataki's voice.
"I know you probably won't like this but... I'm thinking of joining the army, I'm sick of just waiting and seeing you get hurt, if there's-
"Itto..." Gorou weakly responded.
"Please, let me help Gorou." He insisted.
"... I understand that you want to help, but... All this time you've been what's allowing me to go through with this. You being unrelated to the war as been like a refugee where I can just forget everything outside. And it's not just that, you could get hurt and I really don't want you to..."

Itto softly joined his hand with the other's: "Go on."

"I really don't want you to kill, I know you're strong and you'll handle it but still, taking a life is something that'll change everything... And I don't want you to feel what I felt, I mean, what I'm still feeling because this lingering act will haunt you forever."

Itto rested his hands on Gorou's cheeks "I wouldn't do something I know I'm not able to handle." His eyes were empty in dark, as usual, the general forgot that the war doesn't affect only the soldiers the most.
"But let's not talk about it...!" And miraculously, Arataki was back to his normal shine.

Though Gorou tried, every time he brought the matter up he was interrupted or ignore and before he realised, it was already time to go back.

"Please don't do anything stupid." Gorou sniffed quietly but Itto remained silent only to give him a peck on the lips.

"I love you pup."