Maybe

Gorou slowly rolls across the bed, which catches Itto's attention, his ears twitch and his tail slowly starts wagging. He opens his eyes only to see sad red crimson eyes staring at him.

"Itto?" Gorou asked still a bit confused with what's happening.

"Yes, Gorou?"

"Are you ok? Why do you look so sad?"

"It's because I couldn't protect you..." The oni admitted deeply embarrassed.

"Don't be silly, you protect me every day!"

After hearing that a single tear drops falling from Itto's eye.

"Why are crying, you're gonna make me sad too." Sighed Gorou, still a bit disoriented due to the meds.
"Just this time I'll let you hug me and cry to your hearts content, and if you want you can touch my ears, but don't you dare touch my tail!"

Arataki then grabbed the little general as carefully as he could and pressed they're bodies against each other. That was the first time in a long time Itto cried like that in front of someone.

He was crying because he cared, he was crying because he was scared he would never wake up, scared that he would lose him and be alone again.
That's when it ringed on this guys mind:

"Maybe, just maybe, I love him."

*****************************

Because y'all are silly gooses who won't stop whining about me not posting, here, an update 😭

It can be kinda crappy bc I made at dusk so ye👀

Thanks for all the love and support, i swear I almost cried when I saw you talking about how you want more chapter 🥺

But ye have a nice sayyy!! ^^