Explaining everything

Dante's POV

It feels so incredible having my mate here with me at the pack house. I knew when I asked her to come live here with me that the whores would definitely try shït with her. She quickly stood her grounds. She won't tolerate disrespect by anyone and yes that does include Diego. She won't disrespect him either. That's just how she is. I show her around the property and the house. I can tell she feels absolutely at home here. She looks so peaceful and that in turn makes me feel at peace as well. This is everything I never knew I needed here with me. Besides Carlo and my brother, Selene is one of my best friends. To me that is something I was always hoping to find in my mate. I bring her back upstairs to our room because I need to explain to her who Ophelia is in the basement. I need her to understand no whores are allowed down there. I will talk to Diego about her going downstairs to check her over to make sure she is okay. As heartless as he can be, he wouldn't want her to die on him either.

We both sit down on the bed and I take her hands in mine. I can't help but smile at her and she returns the smile as well.

~Dante~ So you are probably wondering who is in the basement especially since Diego and Cyndi mentioned it when you first got here?

~Selene~ Yeah it kind of crossed my mind. But I know that you would tell me about it when the time was right. So I'm all ears when your ready to tell me.

~Dante~ As you know the pack is also mafia. We basically lend money out for various reasons and it's always expected to be paid in return. Well this one man was taking out loan after loan after loan and never paid any of it back. So we went to try and get it back from him, at least a part of it. Well he wasn't at his last place of residence. His daughter was. We brought her back here and she is in the cell. We asked her time after time where he father was. She refused to tell any of us. So we left her alone. We went to talk about next course of action. Cyndi is best friends with the girl, and Cyndi found out what happened. Her father was killed in a drug deal gone wrong.

~Selene~ Oh my god that is horrible. Is she okay?

~Dante~ That's not all though. Come to find out she is Diego's mate. He smirked at rejected her. She smirked right back at him and she refused to accept it.

~Selene~ Why didn't she accept it?

~Dante~ Nobody knows what happens or why she didn't accept it. We don't know much of anything. But she felt every single time that he had relations with a pack whöre. First few times we heard her scream in pain but from about 2 weeks ago he hasn't looked at or acknowledged anyone of them unless it is pack business. I am beginning to think that Diego is having a change of heart now. I know he needs this.

~Selene~ I have seen the change of heart thing once before. What has happened in that instance was that this wolf was set in his ways as Diego is, when he saw her he was shocked. He didn't want to believe this female was his shot at redeeming himself. Over time his feelings for her overcame how he thought he wanted to live. Maybe that's what is happening with him. Has he gone down to see her?

~Dante~ The last time I remember him going down there was when he had cameras installed because the whöres tried to mess with her. He did it for her.

~Selene~ That is when he began realizing his feelings for her. All y'all can truly do is let him see she is what he needs in his life.

~Dante~ You are perfect....

To me she is perfect. She is what he needs in his life. I just hope whatever going on with Ophelia, with her sleeping more and more, isn't horrible. But I have this bad feeling that Ophelia is slowly shutting down or even worse, dying.

~Selene~ I can give her a small check up to make sure nothing serious is going on with her. It maybe nothing serious or it could be. I won't know until I can talk to her and lay my eyes on her. But I need Alpha's approval before hand.

~Dante~ I will go see him in a bit. Let's get you settled in, sound good?

She gives me a big hug and they begin unpacking all of her clothes into the walk-in closet. She puts her hair and make up stuff in our bathrooms. Man it feels good to say our bathroom, our bedroom.

*********

Cyndi's POV

Today my brother, Dante, brought his mate home. We all grew up with Selene and her pack. We all went to school together as well as our packs training together. Selene is just what Dante needs. They both complete each other. Dante had asked if I checked on Ophelia lately and truth was I had. She at first was eating and only sleeping at night. But now lately she is sleeping from after lunch to the next morning. Something is going on with her. I'm afraid with her not accepting the rejection, her body is preparing her for her passing. It's uncommon to hear of a wolf dying from not accepting a rejection but definitely not unheard off. I'm hoping we can allow Selene to give her a once over before anything bad happens.

I'm heading down to the basement and she is awake. Let's see if she needs anything if importance.

~Cyndi~ Hey girl Carlo and I are running out to the store, is there anything you need?

~Ophelia~ No I'm good, thank you though.

~Cyndi~ You sure, I can get whatever it is that you may need...

~Ophelia~ No I'm good thank you though.

I head upstairs and I see Dante and Selene in the kitchen now.

~Dante~ You okay Cyndi?

~Cyndi~ It's Ophelia. She's been sleeping more and more lately. I'm worried about her.

~Selene~ I can go give her a look over later. See if I can figure it out. Maybe she is coping with the rejection now.

~Cyndi~ I'll ask Diego about it. Maybe give her tonight to rest. But I appreciate it.

We all head out and do everything we need to for the day. When we get home, the whöres are trying to touch Diego and he is close to snapping. I just hope he doesn't snap on Ophelia.