The Fierce Greeting

(I do not own the AOT characters)

"F/N, help me with the groceries here." You blinked your eyes, feeling startled for a moment. Being deep in thought with the discovery you made of Armin possibly being your exchanged student, you did not notice your mom hauling in bags through the front door.

Quickly adjusting to reality, you picked up a few grocery bags and placed them on the table. Looking in the contents of the bags, you saw vegetables and fruits your mom normally used for cooking.

Some of them were exotic. Your mom was not only someone who was persisted on cleaning. But also on cooking. She always managed to make a concoction on vegetables and or fruits you weren't familiar with.

That obviously changed since she kept this style of cooking for a while now. Your mom then came into the kitchen with the remaining grocery bags. A lot were piled onto the table.

"Uh, mom," you began, "why did you get so much?"

She avoided your question. Instead she responded, "Chose an exchanged student?"

You then remembered you had to get your mom's approval. "Yeah," you told her and quickly made your way to the living room. She followed. You lifted the laptop off the couch and placed the screen in front of your mom's face.

You showed her Armin's picture and profile. She looked at the blonde figure's sly appearance.

"A girl?" she inquired.

You had a feeling she was going to think that. Shaking your head you said, "Mom, don't be fooled by appearances, but it's a he."

Your mom blinked. "Alright then," she murmured. You wanted to do a face palm to yourself. You never thought your mom would take someone like Armin into consideration.

She was actually reading his profile. As she did, you heard her chuckle quietly. You could not help agreeing his short insert was rather funny.

But what it told you was no lie. Finally, you could look reality into the eyes. Your mom had finished reading his profile and nodded in approval. "She- I mean he, seems alright," she told you.

"But where is Mikasa's blanket?" You lowered the laptop down. "Well, uh, Japan, of course.

That is the place I would like to have an exchange student from." You laughed nervously, hoping your mom would believe it.

She did not say any comments. You sighed in relief as she headed toward the kitchen. "Go ahead and contact the guardian," she said. With that, you instantly knew you had to face Mikasa.

Hopefully she doesn't kick my ass, you thought. Sitting back down onto the couch, you were reluctant to contact Mikasa. But you really wanted Armin as your exchanged student.

Having that in mind, you felt a little bit of excitement rush into you.

**********************Next 3 days**************************************

You were sitting in the car up front next to you mom, nearing the airport. It was definitely worth the wait.

Mikasa had accepted your request for taking Armin in as an exchanged student. But it took quite some time. She wanted you to state your reasons why, where you lived, and other questions that did not even pertain to the topic.

She ended up making you type out an essay. Whenever you lied, she caught on to you. It was then impossible to lie to Mikasa. It felt as if she was literally in front of your screen, looking at you intently with that fierce gaze of hers.