Cinnamon and Chocolate

(Salutations and thank you for continuing to read on.)

On the trip home, your mom had offered Armin anything he would want from Starbucks. It took a few pushes to persuade him though.

He had kept refusing saying that he was not always allowed to drink things high in caffeine. He also did not want your mom to spend her money on him. Armin was very shy toward her, his face rather nervous.

You had told him it was alright. You had then quietly added to just accept the offer before your mom would keep this up until he no longer refused. It will then take up the rest of your day to get to know Armin a little bit better.

Also, it seemed almost impossible to tell your mom 'no'. You had managed to tell her that word sometimes thought.

Now finally returning home with Pumpkin Spice Lattes, you led Armin to the guest room upstairs, helping him to carry his belongings.

Your mom went to the kitchen to prepare something.

Armin followed you in, taking a sip of his drink which he found a liking for.

"It's really good," he commented, placing his luggage down. "Mikasa doesn't allow me in Starbucks normally."

Putting Armin's books down on the bed, you gave him a questioning look. "How come? It's literally just a coffee shop," you told him. Armin shrugged, looking at his half finished cup.

"I don't know," he replied.

"She says that there are white ghetto hoes there. But Eren helps me sneak there sometimes. He got caught once," Armin added.

He suppressed some small laughter from his mouth. "Mikasa blamed it all on Eren ." You grinned, picturing this thought in your mind; Mikasa scolding Eren. Remembering what happened earlier back at the airport was indeed something you'd remember.

"Did Eren retort back?" you asked.

Armin nodded, looking at you. His eyes were cheerful from the memory. "Of course he would. That's Eren for you."

Laughing, you drank the rest of your latte, savoring the last traces of the pumpkin flavor in your mouth.

You place your cup down, feeling satisfied. Leaning back against the bed, you saw as Armin was now looking at you, a little surprised.

"That was quick," he said. "You're a fast drinker, F/N. Eren normally dares me to chugging contests." You saw as mischief flashed from his blue eyes as you knew what he was referring to.

Armin appeared to be slowly showing you another side of him. It was true that everyone had a side to them to be found out sooner or later. You smiled at him.

Armin's face turned slight red as he avoided your gaze. He sipped at his Pumpkin Spice Latte nervously, even though the cup contained only drops of the drink.

You opened your mouth to say something, but you were quickly interrupted by the sound of your mom's voice informing you two to come downstairs.

Armin brought the cup down from his mouth, his shyness not escaping from him. "Alright, follow me," you told him.

He nodded and you led the way back down the stairs. What fakeness does she have in store?

Arriving at the kitchen, you saw a plate of cinnamon buns on the table. Armin jerked his head up at the sight of them. You then remembered the sweets were his favorite dessert, so your mom considered baking them.

But most of the time, when making something for someone, she would follow this complicated recipe off the Food Network channel.

The cinnamon buns looked skillfully made. You saw as the vanilla cream glaze shone brightly under the light.