Chapter 3

"Did you really shag her?" Paul asks John while we are all sat at the table eating breakfast. "I did, and I shagged her good." John smirks. "And I heard it all." I mumble. They all turn to look at me. "Did ye?" John asks. "Oh yes, her screaming yer name woke me up." I lie. "Sorry I'll cover her mouth next time." He chuckles.

"Next time?" Paul asks. "Oh yes, she said she'd do it again, said she loved the way-" John goes silent. "Oh don't mind me." Poppie says as she walks into the kitchen. She looked absolutely stunning in her dress.

I pick up my bowl and walk into the kitchen

I pick up my bowl and walk into the kitchen. "Good morning." I say and smile. She ignores me and starts making her tea. "Um-.. what are your plans for today?" I ask. She coughs and turns on the kettle. "Right." I look down and see her hand. "That looks like it hurts." I say and she looks down at her hand then hides it. "I'm fine."

I hear a chair squeak and look behind me to the boys all eavesdropping. "You can talk to me y'know. I don't bite." I say. "I'm not stupid." She pours her tea. "Yes i- I know that, ye seem smarter than me." I say. "I probably am." She says and stirs her tea. "Well I'll be around if you ever want to hang out." I smile and she walks off upstairs.

"Nice move mate." John chuckles. "Oh piss off." I mope and go upstairs.

**********

Afternoon came around and I had a plan. I'll wait downstairs and catch Poppie before she leaves.

I struggle to stay awake when evening came but after saying good night to everyone I stayed downstairs in the living room.

10pm. Nothing.

11pm. Nothing.

12am. The front door opened and someone stumbled in. I turned on the lamp. Poppie, clearly drunk and high, bruised and bleeding looked at me. "Wi-William-?" She slurs. "Who?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Nobodyyy." She sings and walks into the living room and tumbles on her heels. "Woah there love." I catch her and she looks at me. "No." She pushes away and stands up. "Poppie what happened to ye?" I ask. "Nothing-..  f-fuck- off." She tries to hit me but just falls again and I catch her. "Come on." I sigh and pick her up bridal style and take her up to her room. "T-telll no no no one." She shushes my lips. "I- I won't."

"Do y-you prommissseee?" She looks at me. "I promise Poppie." I lay her on her bed. She stretches and yawns and I lay a blanket on her. "I'll get a flannel for yer face love." I say and walk into the bathroom and wet a flannel. By the time I come back she had already passed out. I smile weakly and clean the blood off her face. I get her a glass of water to have for when she wakes up and I go to bed.

*********

"You went to bed late last night." George asks me the next morning. "I um-... I couldn't sleep y'know." I mumble. "Oh right." George smiles weakly to Poppie as she comes downstairs. "John and Brittany have been out all night, I don't think they are even back yet." George says but I barely hear him as I zone out and stare at Poppie. She drunk the water so that's good.

"George I'll be right back mate." I say and get up and walk up to Poppie. "H-hey." I smile. She looks at me. "How are you feeling after last night?" I ask. "Wha-what- do you mean?" She looks at me nervously.

"When you came home last night. Who do ye think gave you the water?" I chuckle. "I-... I thought it got it myself.. you-you saw me?"

"Yeah... I was downstairs, you fell on me, so I carried you upstairs- do you not remember?" I ask. "I- course I don't." She sighs and walks off. "Pops-..." I sigh and give up. "What happened last night?" George asks me. "Nothing, nothing happened apparently."

"She's really got ye hasn't she." George raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I look at him confused. "You like her don't you? Ritchie she's perfect for you, she's quiet, nervous, mysterious and small, and probably really smart, and posh." He chuckles. "And beautiful. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I say. "See what I mean? I don't know what's wrong with her but, just don't do a John and go straight into shagging. Take yer time with her, go at her pace. Get her vulnerable around ye before you ask her out." He smiles. "Y-yeah.. I don't know how though, last night was so special and she's forgotten it all."

"What the fuck happened?" George asks. "I promised her I wouldn't tell." I smile.