Chapter 12

The first week living together we were pretty distant, I guess Ringo wanted to give me some space.

"Ay Poppie, ye got post." He slides an envelope under my bedroom door. I get up and pick it up. "Thank you."

"Uhm, do ye fancy watching somming on the telly tonight? We can watch me sister's favourite film y'know." He asks me through the door. I don't answer. "Poppie I know ye wanna keep to yerself but you gotta socialise every once in a while. I won't do anything okay? You don't even have to sit on the sofa with me, you can sit in your newwwww armchair?" He smiles. I open the door. "Knew that would coax you out. Come on." He smiles and I walk out of the room while opening the letter. "What does it say?" He asks me. "It- just confirming my resignation of my course." I put the letter down. "Well come on then." He puts a hand on my shoulder gently and walks me into the living room.

A cute little posh armchair sat perfectly in the living room. I smile to myself. "Go on, try it out." Ringo smiles and I sit down in the chair. "Comfy?" He asks and I nod. Ringo puts the Wizard of Oz on the television."This is a child's film." I look at him. "Don't tell my Elsie that." He chuckles and sits down.

Halfway through the film I feel eyes burning me. I look over and Ringo quickly looks at the TV. "You're staring at me." I say to him. "Nah, watching the film love."

"Don't call me love." I frown. "Yeah, sorry." He looks at me. "What will it take for you to like me?" He asks me. "Nothing." I look at the TV. "So it's because you already like me?" He smiles.

I sigh. "Ritch look. You can't have me. You will never have me. You deserve someone better." I explain. "Like who? Who is better?"

"Everyone! Everyone in the world Ritch! There is so many girls that will literally throw themselves on you!" I stand up. "Just get over me and look for someone else!"

"Why should I? All those girls just want sex! I want a relationship, I want someone to love and to hold forever, to have children with!" He stands up and looks at me. "Well I'm not the girl you want." I walk off but he grabs my arm and pulls me to him. "Wil-Ritch please.." I look at him. "I'm not gonna hurt ye okay? I never will in a million years. I just-" he sighs. "I want you.." He tears up. "J-just because you're famous, doesn't mean you can get what you want." I pull away and walk into my room and shut the door. "Poppie I'm sorry.. I thought you trusted me."

I open the door. "Trusted you? When did I ever say that?"

"Then learn to trust me! You aren't going to get anywhere if you just hide."

"Maybe I do want to hide Richard, after how shit my life has been." Ringo walks up to me. "Just one chance, please..." He tucks my hair behind my ear. I look up at him. "I- Ritch.." I tear up. "Af-after what I've been through I- I can't.. I can't open up I just can't!" I begin to tremble. "Ay ay ay, remember what to doctor said yeah? Deep breaths." He pulls me into his chest and I take deep breaths. "Shhhh there we go darlin." He strokes my hair and I listen to his heartbeat.

"I can't do it anymore." I say shakily. "Yes you can, you can." He says softly. I breathe shakily. "Deep breaths."

"R-ritch.."

"Yes swe- Poppie?" He looks down at me and I look up and him. "I- I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He smiles sweetly. Suddenly something came over me and I kissed him.