Chapter 8

I awaken in an unfamiliar bed. Neither mine nor Williams. I sit up and there was a shooting pain in my head. "Hey hey hey..." I feel someone touch me. "Get-get off me-" I say and get up and stumble. I look in the mirror and I'm in some man's shirt and trousers. "Poppie-.. calm down."

I panic and look at Ringo then run out of the room. "POPPIE-" I hear him shout and I open the front door and run off.

I went to the only place I knew. Work.

I walk to the entrance and I see a familiar face. "Oh Poppie... Come on love." Tom, my boss and the owner of the club says to me. He walks me inside and the music blasts and hurts my head. "Fucking hell." I hold my head. "I'll fix that for you." He walks me across the club and behind the curtains to the girls dressing rooms.

About 10 girls were in there, big hairstyles, slutty clothes and lingerie, all doing their makeup. Tom signals to one of the strippers. My true best friend, Daphne. "Holy shit Penny!" She runs over taking off her big heels. "I'm guessing William again. Her heads hurting love." Tom tells her.

"Thank you darling." She kisses Tom then grabs my arm. "Come on love, let's get you fixed up. First up." She walks me over to my desk and sits me down then lays out a line of cocaine. "Sniff." She says and I bend down and snort the cocaine. "Why did he do it to you this time?" She asks me while lighting a joint for me. "Didn't try cake samples." I mumble and take the joint and smoke then my whole world disappears.

I awaken in an unfamiliar bed.
Neither mine nor Williams. I sit up and there was a shooting pain in my head.

But this time, there was no hey hey hey. I look next to me so see a naked man asleep. It was still dark outside so I got up and gathered up my clothes and put them back on silently.

I walk downstairs and find the living room and I look through the unfamiliar man's desk. I shove the £300 in my pocket and leave while lighting a cigarette.

"Does anyone have any ideas on Beatrice and Benedict's first argument in Shakespeare's much ado about nothing?"

I look up from my notes and yawn. "Miss Alford am I boring you?" My professor asks me and the whole class looks at me. "I- no sir, I apologise." I go red. "Thank you, and come better dressed next time, you look like you have come from a strip club." He sighs and continues his lecture.

I look around and a guy leans down next to me. "You have a fag in your hair sweetheart." He whispers in my ear and I jump up. The professor looks at me. "Wanting to make a toast?"

"May I be excused sir?" I ask. "Yes, of course." He says to me and I gather up my stuff and leave the hall.

I walk down the long corridors and to the girls bathroom. I look in the mirror then open my bag and spill it all over the counter. I cover up the dark circles and marks on my face with makeup and fix my hair. I hear girls outside and I quickly shove everything in my bag and they walk in. "Hello Poppie." One of them smiles to me. I smile weakly. "H-hello.." I reply quietly. "Are you married yet?" She asks me. "No- no still planning." I gulp. "Oh well congratulations anyway, I'll see you around." She smiles and walks into a cubicle.

I walk out of the bathroom and look around then I see a familiar face sat in the courtyard reading a book. I walk over to him. "How do you know where I attend university?" I ask him. "Brittany told me. Plus it's the closest one to the house." His big nose peers over the book. "Why are you here you shouldn't be here." I say.

"Why aren't ye in yer lecture?" He puts his book away. "I was going to the bathroom." I reply and look away snobbishly. "And now yer here, talking to me." He smiles.

"Mr Starr I do not appreciate you being here. I best be off. See you at dinner." I walk off. "Can I join yer lecture?!" He follows me asking. "You wouldn't understand a thing." I say. "I know but I can watch you in the meantime." He smiles cheekily. "Has Mr Lennon been giving you tips on flirting?" I ask. "Yes, why?" He asks.

"It's terrible, that's why." I walk into the hall, shutting the door leaving him stood there sulking.