Chapter 2 - Coincidence

Chapter 2
Coincidence

Sunrays filter through the blinds waking her.

Mia groaned, having gotten zero sleep last night, still thinking about what had happened. Mia rose the blinds seeing that it was another cloudy windy day, the sun barely making an impact.

As Mia got ready like any other day, brushing her teeth and picking up her hair in a loose ponytail. Her mind kept going in circles of the situation she found herself in last night.

Yet she decides to simply brush it off, mindlessly going in circles won't turn back time. She was now safe and nothing bad had happened. Despite that Mia couldn't stop thinking of her savor.

Yet as life would have it as Mia walked through the gates of school, just as she looks up, she sees him.

The same guy from last night walking through one of the office doors. Yet this guy's hair color was dark brown.

Was he a new student? Is that why Mia couldn't recognize him?

Her questions went unanswered until she walked into her first class, because there he was. Seating in the very end of the classroom against the wall, distracted by his phone on his hands texting away.

His hair was a darker shade than last Mia saw him – was he even the same guy?

Despite her curiosity, she sat down mildly nervous as her eyes kept straying over to him. Was it really him? Or was she imagining it?

Is it bad that she wanted to put a name to the face? Thankfully she only had to wait for the professor to arrive so she could finally place a name to that beautiful face yet as the teacher arrived. His name was not once even called in attendance.

The only acknowledgement he had was a slight nod from the teacher, so Mia found herself turning to gaze at him. Only to see him look up from his phone, sensing her gaze locking eyes for a split second. But that was all it took for Mia to fall into a daze.

His eyes were green, forest green to be more specific. Then he smiled, snapping her out of her musing, so Mia quickly turned back to the front of the room. Beat red.

"Students, we have a new student joining us this semester" The teacher said, gaining everyone's attention only to see her scan the room again making sure she had all of their attention before motioning over to the new guy. Who simply waved lazily.

And that was it. No introduction and no name. Nada which was frustrating!

When lunch came around Mia found herself standing by where he was seated biting my lips unsure. Trying to suck up all her courage to sit by him and ask him if he was the boy from last night.

Taking a deep breath Mia took tentative steps towards him only to halt when she saw a group of girls approach the table before she could. He looked up from his phone, smiling charmingly at them as they sat down talking away and--- Mia lost confidence.

Mia found myself turning right around finding her friends who were watching the whole thing.

"We saw what happened, what was that about?" Eliza says, snapping her out of my thoughts. Mia Looked up at her to see her staring at her curiously. She was a pretty petite girl, short brown hair and big eyes. Eyes bright. Full name Elizabeth but she likes to be called and addressed as Eliza. She was also Mia's childhood best friend

"I don't know-- I just--- forget about it" Mia dismissed poking at her food. Eliza shrugs, turning to continue her conversation with the rest.

Mia somehow found her eyes lingering over his table, watching him interact with the girls. Inspecting his mannerism and the way he laughed seeing if there was a clue that somehow tied him with the guy from last night. He was new to town, Mia could have sworn she's never seen him before.