Chapter 9 - Dark Truth

Chapter 9
Dark Truth

A whole week when by in a flash, yet Mia didn't stop feeling like someone was watching her constantly. A constant chills kept going through her body every time she walked out her home. It only briefly stopped when Mia went to visit Eliza but it came right back as soon as she left her company.

Mia perked up when she turned her face and saw Eliza walking through the school's gate with only a bandage on her arm, other than that looking brand new.

"Eli!" Mia called out waving her over to where she was sitting making her turn towards her a warm smile on his lips. Mia waited until she got close enough to speak.

"Are you feeling well enough to come back?" Mia asked concern remembering how badly hurt she was when she dropped by her house. Eliza was not pleased to see her there but didn't turn her away.

"I'm feeling better thank you, well enough to come back" Eliza said sitting down next to Mia looking exhausted. Mia looked at her for a while and looked around them noticing the the chills were gone. She didn't feel like was under watch

"I'm so thankful you're here" Mia murmur voicing out her thoughts making Eliza's head snap towards her a little bit alarm suddenly which uh.

"What do you mean? You've never being this happy to be around me before" she asked looking suspicious making Mia smile nervously.

"You're going to think this is insane frankly I think I'm insane but ever since your accident I've been feeling like someone was watching me" Mia confessed side eyeing Eliza's reaction to see her face turned neutral.

"What do you mean?" She asked voice sounding void which didn't sound good to Mia.

"You know what forget it... it was probably my imagination" Mia said dismissing the conversation leaving Eliza opened mouth.

"Wait Mia---" she started to say but Mia was already up deciding to ignore the heck of it.

"Class is starting-- I'll meet you there" and then Mia ran turning without looking back.

For the rest of the day Mia ignored Eliza's strange stares choosing to ignore everything for as long as she could.

Before long the school day was over Mia escaped at the first chance she got. Before anyone could stop her. Yet as she walked home she felt on edge, turning to look behind her feeling like someone was following her but there was no one that acted strangely.

When she arrived home she stopped dead on her tracks when sitting right there in front of her doorstep was none other than Alex. He seemed to be focused on his phone, a frown adorning his pretty face.

Mia clear her throat to announce her presence startling him into looking up, for a second his lips set in a thin line a very displeased look passing through his face but it was gone as soon as it came.

He gave her a careful smile as he slowly got up.

"Hey--- how was school?" he asked hesitantly cringing at himself making Mia crook her head to the side.

"That's why you came all the way over here to ask about?" Mia asked sounding astonish making Alex look down for a second.

"No--- fuck" he curses looking annoyed at himself and a bit nervous "you were not this intimidating before---"

"Ale?" Mia interrupted trying to get him to get to the point, she sees Alex sigh shoulders dropping.

"Are you being careful? Has anything strange happen recently?" he asked making Mia raise an eyebrow-- how would he know this?