Chapter Thirty-two

June.

I might have made a small miscalculation.

Not one but a few. The first one was her coming out of the door that she just entered with a sundress, she always looks stunning but her in that dress, it's like she stepped out of a fever dream. Maybe my fever dream. But anyway I had to keep it cool, and I did until she asked me to kiss her, and that was the second miscalculation. I lost it the second her lips touched mine, it was divine, magical, and unlike anything else. Then she straddled me, and the look she had, almost killed me.

God, the thoughts I had about her at that single moment would probably send me to hell. I'm no prude, but I don't like it when I'm not in control of the sexual thoughts I have. it makes me feel like a pervert. Because maybe she didn't feel the same way, and I just imagined it.
Then that second kiss happened and it took all my doubts away. Now, every time I think of her, I think of how she felt against me, how soft her skin is, how her plump lips tasted like cherry and chocolate, and how good it would be if I kissed down her neck, slipping my hands under that short dress and having my way with her.

Now the third miscalculation, is that I do not know how to really cook. I know basic stuff, like eggs and pasta. But I don't know how to make impressive or spicy stuff. Nale and Axel are the cooks of the house, me and Jamie we just eat and do the dishes. I just told her yes because I wanted a second date and I didn't want to seem like a loser who can't cook. I will ask Nale for help, and then tell her the truth about it.

Anyways, moral of the day is that I am delighted because she seemed to have enjoyed our date, she looked happy, smiled and laughed even. God, she is so pretty when laughing.

I'm not saying this because I'm biased but her beauty is outstanding, it's like you have to look at her at least once if she passes you by. And her eyes are something else, she can gather your whole attention with one look. I will never get bored from looking at her. And don't even get Me started on the way she speaks. Her voice is captivating, she has a little raspy edge than hit me through the core. She is a slow and delicate in the way she explains things, she pouts when she is deep thinking, and blinks faster when she doesn't understand something I said.

yeah, I am down bad for her.

I unlock the door to the house, I feel their eyes on me as I walk to the kitchen putting the basket from the picninc on the table. Washing my hands, I go back to living and settle on the couch. "What are you guys watching?"

"Hell, no. You are definitely going to tell us how the date went." that was Jamie, already on his feet, standing in front of me with his arms crossed. "It was good," I reply shortly, making him quirk an eyebrow. "Imma need more than that,"

"What do you want me to say? It was very nice we had fun."

"Look at that smile you're trying to hide," Axel had a smirk on like he knows exactly how it went. "You had so much fun, didn't you?" I couldn't suppress my smile any more but I kept playing dumb. "I don't know what you mean," I receive a punch on the shoulder and look at Jamie, "we deserve details." I lean further onto the couch, crossing my arms too. "What makes you think I would share details with you?" no offense to them, but I wouldn't share shit about what I do with her. "We helped you," they did help and I'm grateful for it, but She is my girl, and I don't want to share our moments with others. They are ours for a reason. I'm going to gatekeep her, I don't care. "Thank you, but all you are getting is that she enjoyed it and had fun."

"Did you kiss her at least?" Nale spoke and I turn to look at him, narrowing my eyes, he shrugs. "I'm invested." he is the least noisy one, he doesn't care about a lot of things apart from his grades and graduating. "I'm not telling," A silent moment passes us before Axel blurt out, "You definitely kissed her,"  I roll my eyes and walk away, ignoring as Jamie shout behind me. "I'm going to ask her myself."

Good luck finding her, she barely shows up on campus and when she does she is usually grumpy. She would probably tell him to fuck off, but she seems to tolerate Jamie. I wouldn't mind her telling him, anyway. It would be nice to know she is comfortable sharing that. I just don't want it coming out of my mouth first, I don't want to put her in a weird position. I may be overthinking this, but better be safe than sorry

***
For a second, I thought I was dreaming when I opened my eyes and saw her name flashing on the caller id. It's four in the morning, and I've slept early since I have work by eight and classes in the afternoon. I don't know what I was expecting when I picked up but it surely wasn't this, "Hello hello, Juniper."

"Juniper?" I find myself asking, confused and dazed from sleep. And then I truly thought I was hallucinating when I heard a giggle. she giggled. Mavis Spencer giggled and that was the cutest thing I've ever heard. "I was reading a book and a character is named Juniper but they call him June. I thought what a coincidence! I do know a person named June, so I'm here to ask you if your full name is Juniper and if you just go by June for short?"

For a moment, I'm a little speechless, because I've never heard her speak so fast and so excited. Like she just has discovered the secret of the universe. She must be under some kind of influence or something, it's unusual. "Mavis, are you high?" she is quiet but I heard her little sigh, "maybe a little," that's not a little. that night at the party, that was a little. But not today. "Are you sure only a little?"

"No. But that's not the issue, you didn't respond to my question."

"No, my name is only June, not Juniper," I reply, still a bit worried about her. I know weed can't be that harmful, but she shouldn't have to resolve to use it. "Can I call you Juniper, please?" she is trying to kill me with that thing voice. And how can I refuse her please? "Sure, if you'd like that."

"Oh my goodness, Thank you. Juniper is such a cute name and fits you so well." she beams through the phone and I can't help the giant smile forming on my face. She had a thing for nicknames, first it was Dash and now this. She is adorable. "So will tell me why you aren't sleeping, and smoking weed at four am?" she hums in delight, "Relax Juniper, it was just a joint and a half. Nothing hard. And I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about you."

"You were thinking about me?" I could feel the rate of my heart quickening, and I almost giggle myself. Key word being almost. "Yes, I was."

"And what were you thinking about?"

"About how happy I was yesterday, and that you are my new favorite person." Forget about almost giggling, I'm rolling in my bed, squealing like those teenage girls they portray in movies. Screw being manly who cares, I'm her favorite person. "You are my favorite person too, Mavis." The line falls silent before I hear her hard breathing again. "Really? You won't ever hate me?"

I take a sharp inhale. I am ready to fight anyone who has ever hurt this girl, even herself. I will fight her just to show her that she is deserving to be cherished and loved. Hate is a too strong word for her. "No, I could never hate you."

"Really? I can be a little crazy." she says it as a matter of fact like she truly believes herself crazy. I know how autistic people can have their moments, their breakdowns and it's understandable if she gets overwhelmed by stuff. That's just how her brain works, nothing crazy or weird about it. It's just different. "You're not crazy. You're just different Mavi." she chuckles, and I ease up. "You sound like my mom."

"Well, I and your mom are both smart people." I hear another small giggle and I melt on the inside. "Yeah, you are."

"You're not going to sleep?"

"Tell me another story from your childhood, Juniper."

"You asked for it, don't call me boring afterward."