Chapter 2.

~Simon's POV~

It had been six months since Dylan came to live with us and I was still not sure if I was okay with that or not. I wanted to hate him so bad but he kept on being super nice and kind to everyone. Even me. I tried countless of times to prank him but each time he would look at me and laugh as if I had told him the funniest joke ever. I tried being as cold as I could with him while being extra kind to the others but it was like he didn't notice any of it and kept on being nice and asking me if I wanted to go and play a game with the other boys.

I was pissed.

How could it be possible? It always worked. And worst of all was that he would actually help us get rid of the nannies with a wide happy smile on his face. And when sometimes he didn't feel like it, he would cover up for us or make sure Dad was occupied and distracted.

I was super pissed.

Tora had tried many times to convince me to just give up and accept the fact that he wasn't going to leave anytime soon but the thing was that I had already accepted that. I just didn't get how he could be so kind. There had to be some sort of prank or way to get him angry. I just hadn't found it yet.

About the sleeping arrangement, it was so awkward it actually hurt. The first night, I had him sleep on the floor. At first, I thought I would get a reaction out of him or he would at least argue with me about it.

Nothing.

He smiled and nodded while saying he understood how uncomfortable I must be and happily took a few blankets to make his bed on the floor. When Dad found out the next day I had never been so embarrassed. He had yelled at me at breakfast, in front of everyone and had ordered me to apologise to Dylan and forced me to spend the entire day with him and make him feel welcome.

Dylan had said that it was fine and that it was actually his idea to sleep on the floor and Dad had looked confused before nodding yet still demanding me to spend the day with Dylan. I had looked at Dylan weirdly because once again he had defended me and been kind when I had been an ass but shrugged it off and spent the whole day with him, not taking nor looking his way the whole time.

The other nights were really awkward. I would try and get as far away from him as possible, turning my back towards him and ignoring his attempts at small talk every time until he eventually just gave up and went to sleep quietly.

I also was arguing more and more with Dad. At first, it wasn't on purpose, with the whole Dylan thing I was always on edge and moody so I would easily snap at everyone and get scolded by Dad for it. But then, I started to get more and more angry at Dad, always snapping at only him and feeling constantly angry with him.

He was always at work, it was like he only lived to go to work. When he wasn't at work, he would be in his office at home....working. A few weeks ago I tried getting him to play a game with us but he refused, not even looking up from his paperwork and I felt so disappointed and hurt that I ran back to my room and cried for a good hour. Since that day, I stopped trying and only talked to him when he would speak to me, which was rare since he was never here in the first place.

"Simon!" Dylan called out to me from somewhere inside the house. I was laying on my bed and was staring at the ceiling as I thought about my Dad and how he didn't care one bit about us. About me. "Simon!" he called again and again and again, probably looking everywhere for me while I didn't bother replying. The door to the bedroom opened and I saw his face peeking inside to see if I was here. "Sim- Ah, there you are!" he exclaimed with a smile on his face, walking inside the room and sitting down on the bed next to me.

"What do you want?" I asked in a lazy voice and he turned his head to me.

"I asked your father if he wanted to come and play a game with us and he agreed." he announced. "We were looking for you." I felt my heart sink painfully. Tears unvoluntarily made their way to my eyes and I bit my lip to prevent them from falling as I blinked furiously. "Simon? What's wrong?" Dylan asked, worried as he noticed my tears. I sat up hurriedly and was about to stand up and leave but he stopped me and pulled me closer to him before wrapping his arms around me and hugging me. "Calm down, Si." he whispered, the nickname not going unnoticed but I shrugged it off as I bursted into tears, sobbing in his arms as I let the sadness pour out of me.