Chapter 8.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, there was no surprise on the fact that it wasn't anything fancy, but they also couldn't deny that it was still a very chic restaurant. They entered and gathered up at the reception for their reservation and were surprised, however, when they were told that they didn't have a big enough table for all of them to fit and some would have to sit elsewhere. They were brought to a table for six where a plate had been added to the very end of the table last minute. 

"We tried placing as many of you as we could on the table but we can't squeeze anymore people. And, if we put someone on the other end, one person will have to sit alone somewhere else." the very sorry manager explained to them, hoping they wouldn't leave straight away. That would be bad for business. 

Obviously. 

"It's alright, we'll find a solution, don't worry." Cedric reassured the poor manager that seemed as stressed as somebody could be and turned to his family. "What should we do?" he asked Evangeline who only shrugged as she had no idea how to handle the situation. "We could get a table for ourselves and let the children eat together."

"Honey, we're supposed to eat all together, not separated from the children." Evangeline immediately told him, not thrilled by her husband's idea at all.

"But we can't just get the kids separated either."

"Don't bother," Simon said, catching their attention as they had started to argue. "I'll sit at another table," he said, seeing Dylan frown and about to argue but the blond quickly finished his sentence before Dylan could open his mouth. "with Dylan." he said and saw the little frown dissipate from the brunette's face.

"We're supposed to have dinner together, Simon." 

"And we will," he replied, turning his unbothered gaze to his father. "just not at the same table." he said, not missing the smirk on Tora's face and he smirked back at her with a mischievous look in his eyes which was so familiar to her before the blonde turned to his father again. "And please, stop acting like you care when I know you really don't." he said, the jab going straight to the man's heart as his face fell even more, looking at his son in sadness. "Can you get us a table for two, please? Thank you." Simon asked the manager who visibly brightened.

"Very well, follow me, please." the man said quickly, happy they had found a solution and he wasn't going to lose customers. "Here you go, gentlemen." he said as he gestured to a table for two. He had led them to the back of the small restaurant. From where they stood, they could see the others going to their seats and looking at the menu and Simon had to hold back from rolling his eyes at the sight of his father eyeing him from afar. 

"Thank you." Dylan said as the man walked away, leaving them alone. They were standing in front of a booth, the benches were clearly oriented in such a way that the blond was sure they wouldn't be able to see the others once they sat down. And he was about to take advantage of that situation as much as he could. So, he turned to the brunette still standing next to him and smiled.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Simon suddenly asked him and saw the boy's face turn bright red, wide eyed in astonishment as he looked back at the blond.

"W-what?"

"You heard me." the blond replied smoothly, thanking the lord he wasn't the one stuttering right this moment.

"Simon!" Dylan exclaimed in disbelief at the boldness of the boy. He couldn't believe the blond was asking him just like that but at the same time he felt butterflies all over and wanted to smile and look away so badly.

"You didn't answer the question, though."

"Well, yeah! You can't just...ask someone out like that!"