Chapter 7.

The house was full of life, laughter echoing between those walls as children and teenagers chased after each other playfully while the two oldest children were still sleeping soundly in each other's arms.

Even after years, Simon and Dylan still slept in the same bed together. They still needed each other to fall asleep and would always wait for the other before getting into bed. It had become such a usual occurrence that no one paid attention to it anymore. Despite their rough start, the two were now inseparable and would do absolutely everything together. 

Dylan scrunched up his nose as he slowly woke up, the feeling of a warm body pressed against his getting a smile from him as he cuddled closer to it, knowing it was Simon and that he was most likely still asleep. He stayed like this for another few minutes, allowing his body to fully wake up before opening his eyes and sighing in contentment. 

Simon was sleeping on his back, his right arm wrapped loosely around Dylan's waist while the brunette laid on his chest. Dylan looked at the bare chest he was laying on and slightly blushed, even though he should be used to it by now as it'd been more than a year since Simon had dropped his shirt before going to sleep, claiming it was way too hot with Dylan next to him. Dylan smiled softly, checking if there was anyone else in the room before placing a kiss where the boy's heart was situated, slowly kissing his way up to the blond's cheek. 

"I know you're awake." Dylan said and he watched as Simon scrunched up his nose and opened his eyes to look up at him.

"I was trying not to be obvious." the blond told him and Dylan shook his head, his smile never fading. 

"I know you too well, that's all, darling." 

"Is that so?" Simon smirked as he reached to brush Dylan's hair back as he had let his hair grow a bit and it was starting to get in his eyes. 

The brunette nodded seeing Simon lean in and mirroring his action in hope to get a kiss when the door slammed opened as a shout was heard. The two sprang away from each other and looked to the door to see Sebastian chasing after Chrissy who was screaming her lungs out in fright of getting caught. The two children didn't seem to notice how they had interrupted Simon and Dylan's moment and ran right back out without a single glance towards them. 

The two boys sighed and got up before getting ready for the day. They got downstairs and ate breakfast before joining everybody outside. It was summer break and none of them had classes so they could finally enjoy some much needed time all together like they used to have but had become rare. Unfortunately for Simon, Cedric was there too, sitting on the grass with a book in hand as the children had fun. 

Dylan immediately went to play with the little ones while Simon watched him with a small smile. From the corner of his eye, the blond caught the teasing smile of Tora but brushed it off, laying down on the grass and closing his eyes. He stayed like this for a while, listening to Dylan's laugh before he felt someone lay down next to him. He didn't need to open his eyes to know who the person was.

"What do you want?" the blond asked the person and when he was met with silence he opened his eyes and turned his gaze to the side. "I asked you a question."

"I'm not allowed to enjoy the sun?" 

"You are, just not beside me." Simon nearly spat before turning his head away and closing his eyes again.

"This is still my house, Simon."

"Good for you."

The blond heard his father sigh and a second later, his father had left to go back inside the house. The relationship between Simon and Cedric was now none existent. No matter how hard Cedric tried to get back what they used to have when the boy's mother was still alive, he couldn't seem to get at least a normal conversation with his eldest son.