32

Karl Heinz did not know what to make of the situation or even come up with a different plan to proceed the original. A demon heart that has been in possession of two human bodies with somewhat maltreatment of vampires is now in the body of a dead God. What conclusion is to make of that?

"Did she hate the idea of being together with me and our kid so much?" Ayato asked himself grimly. All his abuse and cruelness started to hit him hard. It only took her death, again, to make him realize his many flaws.

"We all knew she hated to be touched by us" Shu sighed. Ruki wanted to beg to differ since his relationship with her was fine until the end. As much as he wanted to gloat about how they would share affection almost every moment they could, it was not the place or time to do so.

Subaru looked at their father. Karl Heinz was in a daze, his arms limp by his sides. Everyone from their side waited for the Vampire King to fix something, because they sure as hell don't like to lose. But his mind was completely blank. Telling his sons to take out the heart again could mean a declaration of war for the Gods.

"Let's just leave" Subaru frowned. Everyone almost broke their necks by turning to look at him as if he just said something completely horrendous. He shrugged off their glares and gaping mouths, "She never wanted to be with us anyway. What's the point in dragging this out even more?".

"What about the bloodline?" an on looking vampire asked.

"We live forever anyway" Shu said

Zeus saw Karl Heinz's frustrated look while casually wandering his eyes at the dead couple on the ground. Zeus felt like he was actually considering taking the heart out again. Just to be sure, he warned the vampire, "Your only rules were whoever stays standing wins Kusanagi Yui, not the heart. Although, I do not know what use you will have by jus having her corpse. I suppose this ends here"

He continued, "Your sons can always procreate with a different woman"

"I don't want children with anyone besides Chichinashi"

"Neither I without Eve"

There was no convincing anyone from each side. They all stood their ground. The Gods wanted the others to leave to give proper burials for the fallen ones. If Odin was here, Zeus had no doubt he would vanquish the entire vampire clan, once Balder was killed off. Then after doing that, he would threaten the other realms and blame Zeus for everything.

Their stubbornness was putting the Gods in a sour mood, the garden was crumbling again. Ayato and Ruki kept their eyes fixed on Yui's body draped over Loki. At a certain angle, it looked like they were cuddling. Obviously, even at a time like this, Ayato was bother by it. Even at death, he only wanted her to himself. Ruki shared the same feelings. He was torn at the fact that she would die for a man like Loki. He was oblivious to all the signs of mutual love between them, even if they were the smallest things.

Surprisingly, Ruki was the one to reach down to place Yui on the ground, a few feet away from Loki. Before being inches from touching her, a sharp and loud growl resonated through the walls of the arena. The sound made their ears pop and looked to the other side to see Anubis, in his scary God form.

The Sakamakis were taken aback by his appearance, Ruki has already seen such a sight but it still didn't stop him from cringing a little and slowly bring his hand back. As Anubis got closer to them, the remaining brothers slowly backed away, knowing that they'll have back up if things got out of hand. Said back up were coiling in their seats watching as the man with jackal features got closer. Their clans shape-shifted into other animals, this is the first time seeing something of the sort halfway.

"God of the Dead" Ruki bowed. Anubis just glared at him, his golden eyes flaring with anger.

"Get away from them" he growled at the vampires, which they did with no problem.