Chapter 0: Prologue

"Dammit!"

The man with purple hair was panting heavilly, he had run so far out and cut down so many enemies to the point his own hands were stained with blood and grime. His silver sword was extremely dull. But the glow in his blue eyes were forever present. 

"Brother!" He cried out. "Is this really what you want? To shatter the dream our father worked so hard to build?!"

He was calling out the name 'brother' to the main with long light blue hair, with big glowing purple eyes. In his hand was a purple sword, which was tangible like a normal one but emanated a strange transparent aspect. "It must be done, little brother."

He stood atop a pile of corpses, his face stained with blood and his own hands stained with grime as well. 

"If nothing is done, this world shall fall into depravity. I have seen it. Legions of soldiers fighting on a battlefield, blood spewing on both side until one is declared the victor. But... no victor is ever declared. That is why I must stop it, to take out the root cause."

The older brother leapt straight towards the little brother. As he braced for the attack, he elevated his sword and entered a blocking position. The older brother crashed his sword directly into his, the purple aura pulsing more and more as the contact kept enduring. Fighting back, the younger brother pushed him away, and then slammed his hand into the ground, catapulting the older brother high into the air. 

Then out of nowhere, a blue bow formed in the hand of the younger brother, and a blue arrow also formed. Aiming directly at the older brother, he released the arrow and it then dispersed into multiple different arrows, all focusing on the enemy. 

The older brother hit most of them back but felt some dig straight into his shoulder, chest, and thigh. He threw down his sword and slid across the floor, hoping to quicken the fall and reduce the damage. 

The younger brother then slightly collapsed onto the ground, suddenly losing power. It was then that he realized the older brother was taking out his power and the power surrounding him. 

"Be that as it may, if I can't end it in this life, I shall do it in the next life!!"

It was a suicide move. He was planning on killing the two of them in this one move. 

[Sacrificial Dominance]

In that moment, an explosion engulfed the entire area, destroying all the corpses and bodies strewn all around the area. In that moment, blood began to pour out immensely out of the younger brother, growing weaker and weaker. And then, he collapsed. The same happened to the older brother as well. The two of them fell to the ground, rendered to nothing but lifeless husks, forever dead with regrets and misgivings even beyond their untimely deaths. 

***

Many centuries later...

As thunder roared outside, the wind howled at the storm that raged outside, and the rain pattered on the window, cries of a child kept being heard.

It was dark, windy and you could hear the raging bellows of the gusts hitting against the walls. Inside of a house were two figures. One of them was a women with long blonde hair tied in a ponytail in the back, a black shirt with white sleeves donned, and black pants. The other was a man of a slightly taller stature than her. He had short length black hair which spiked slightly at the top, with bangs dropping down his forehead. He had bright golden eyes that shone brightly with the lightning outside.

His most standout feature happens to be the lightning-bold shaped scar over his right eye. He was wearing a light-brown sweater underneath a black coat. He also wore black pants as well.

"Ray, is this really what must be done?"

The woman called the man 'Ray', an abbreviated version of his true name.

"You know as well as I do that as long as I stay here, the more danger you and our boy are in." Ray replied solely to her.

"But-" before the woman could say another word, Ray walked up to her and embraced her in an affectionate manner. Her cheeks turned pink and she embraced him back.

"I know how hard this is, I wish I could spend more time with him, but I can't stay here any longer..." Ray stated solemnly.

The woman broke into a tear. "I just... you'll miss out on his life and I don't want that..."

"Anna... you'll be just fine, out of all the years of my life, you were the very person that helped me. You made me felt joy, made me felt love, you made me human. It's more than what I could ask for."

He ran his hand through her hair, caressing is and stroking her head. "Just please be strong, I trust you much more than you know..."

Anna then stopped the tears and then, without any warning in her part, jumped into a kiss with Ray's lips. And they stayed in contact for a while, before letting go.

"UaaahHhhh!!!"

Ray and Anna turned their attention to the baby lying in the crib.

Both of them began to chuckle.

"It seems our boy doesn't want us parents kissing in front of him." Anna commented with a warm smile on her face

Anna walked towards the crib and picked up the child, cradling it in her arms. She rocked him until he calmed down, and then Ray walked up to the boy.

"Listen... things will be tough, but you must learn to brave whatever the world throws at you. Persevere and more than that, never give up on anything."

He kissed the boy on his forehead.

"I'll miss you... Ryan."

And with that, the man walked out the door, into the great vortex of storms.

Start of Spirits of Tempest Volume 1: Predominance

Author Note

Hey everyone!

So this is the beginning of Spirits of Tempest Volume 1! Before you begin, keep note that the writing here is not as spectacular as you'd expect. And it's because when I started writing this, my novel experience had been pretty small. But now, I've been getting better with writing after reading so many new novels with many distinct ways of telling a story.

I've been planning all of this for many years, every since 2018 when I was in middle school. 

Anyway with that out of the way, I really hope you enjoy it! And please do leave feedback, it helps me get better at this :D

Thank you and again, I hope you enjoy!

- Ryoto