Chapter 83: Solace

[2 days before the Battle of Osiris]

For Zane Cross, it had been almost a year since he began his training with Zeta, the Dragon Prince of the Dragon Race. Ever since that day, he had been training nonstop to become a stronger version of himself. He had delved into the many elements of the Dragons: Fire, Ice, Light, Poison, Darkness. The very fabric of their power, drawn from the very essence of the world. Their very being.

As of this moment, Zane was continuing to train. He fought Zeta with his newfound powers. He wore nothing more than black pants and was barefoot. His chest exposed completely.

His hair had grown longer, extending down to the back of his own nape. But his crimson eyes burned even brighter than before.

Zeta was currently in his human form, but he was able to assume some elements of a Dragon, almost equivalent to that of a Dragon Hybrid.

Zane was currently using his ice attribute, his own arms were clad in blue scales, his right eye changed from a crimson color to one of a cobalt blue.

[Ice Style: Frost Nova]

From the palms of his hands, jet streams of ice began to converge around Zeta, who had erected an energy wall blocking their attacks. From the jet streams, spears of ice began to converge.

Zane made a cross formation with his arms and they converged directly onto Zeta. But he foresaw this, and leapt into the air flapping his turquoise colored wings.

He opened his entire wingspan and at the tips of it, balls of energy formed and turned into attack projectiles.

[Energy Impact]

It rained down energy beams of light and began to converge towards Zane. He then switched to a different element, the element of light and opened his own wingspan, using a similar move comparative to that.

[Light Style: Great Purity]

The two lights collided with each other, leading to a giant explosion which engulfed a small part of the forest. Zane had to slid back, causing him to loose his focus on Zeta, who appeared behind him and struck him into the ground.

Zane's wrist was blinded by Zeta's hand and he couldn't move. "Shit."

Zeta cracked a cackle out and looked down on Zane with demeaning eyes. "You failed again, how many times have I told you, don't hold back."

Zane got up from the ground, spitting out dirt that he accidentally inhaled from the impact he faces when hitting the ground.

"I just don't get it, I'm fine with how I am but what am I missing?" Zane yelled out.

Zeta karate chopped his head, Zane now rubbing it intensely cause of the pain. "It's because you aren't being creative. At any rate, the enemy will use that gap between changing your elements and kill you without a second thought, even if you have dragon scales, those go away during the switch. Remember that."

"Tch, whatever."

Zeta looked at Zane with a disapproving look.

"If you're that idiotic right now, then you should cool off. Get some food for the night, that should help you out."

Zane got up and put his shirt on, and walked off into the withered forest. Along the way, he began to feel frustrated about his own training. That he couldn't even hope to have been able to find a way to complete it.

For months, Zane toiled away at trying to merge multiple elements at once. He tried once to combine Light and Darkness but inevitably, it ended up causing him to suffer intense damage to his arms, submitting himself to bedrest for an entire 2 weeks, which hurt his spirit the most. He had failed many times with it but still he didn't give up, he continuously hoped to finish it off but even now, he failed to complete his current challenge.