Chapter 128: Resolve

Jake Blazes

I could feel the flames inside me well up once again. This time I was in control, not driven by an insatiable rage and anger. I felt at peace for the first time in over a year. I was too focused on my own power, refining it and slowly but surely making it a weapon. I turned my own emotions into a weapon, forcing it to propel me forward in strength.

It was something I had forgotten long ago. The joy of my power, the way I could use it to protect others but instead I used it to inflate my already prominent childish ego.

Whatever.

As if thinking about all that would fix anything. In the end I have to keep pressing on, even if it kills me in the end.

I still had people to rely on even now. Even though Lukas was gone, even if the bond I had with him was as far as love... I had nothing else but myself to push forward.

"Zane... we can take him from both sides, we just need to gauge all of his abilities and what he has stored inside. We don't have to worry about having our powers sealed, but he definitely has more up his sleeve." I said.

Zane nodded in affirmation. And so he then took to the skies.

I warmed up my right arm and stretched it to make sure it wasn't completely locked up. As soon as I made sure I could move it, I then ignited my fists with flames.

Kicking myself off the ground, I met Kallavan on the offensive. He was quick to take notice and block my attack with his right arm, hardening his skin in the process.

I increased the potency of my flames, its very color slowly glowing brighter and brigher. His skin began to crack slowly, but then his left hand began to glow a hazel green color. Realizing it was his cage ability, I lurched my head back as he fired it off, narrowly dodging me and managing to scrap off a few strands of my hair.

I backed away and then poured flames into both my right and left hand.

[Flame Control]

[Blazing Sword]

I remember using something like this but it was in my own Energy Awakening. Shaping flames into something I can control perfectly was something I had to be very much focused.

I grabbed the handle with my right hand, as it was the only part of me that wasn't bound to my skin, meaning I didn't have any sense of pain here.

I then threw it into Kallavan and it seared through his own arm.

It was able to ingrain burns onto his body, preventing him from completely hardening his body again.

I noticed his body slowly regaining his hardening, but what I noticed was that it had slowed down. Until I realized that he was using two abilities at once. I presume he had some kind of regeneration ability but he was also using some kind of hardening ability.

The damage he sustained was just with a fraction of my own energy, but it was much slower.

Wait... does that mean right now he's focused on restraining Wendy and Zack's abilities too? So his Energy Blocking relies on him constantly pouring energy.

And currently his regenerative ability keeps his energy flowing inside his innate body and then outward for his output.

"I get it..."

He couldn't keep sustaining himself, which means that if we apply more pressure on him, one way or another he'll have to divert his own attention off of either Zack and Wendy. That was the only way we could win against him.