Chapter 10: Festival

Ryan Tempester POV

Standing in front of an arena full of people really felt awe inspiring.

The arena was created in solid gray bricks and stone, enough to handle the damage from literal superhuman teenagers, which was the actual reason it was carved through this instead of flimsy stone and wood. Almost all of us were sitting in the stands, where first years are generally situated. We were picked to fight in the matches. There would be around 16 competitors and some of us would be handpicked through randomly. I was very curious as to how the whole tournament would play out.

But without warning, my ears were greeted by the sound of the announcer. They were using an audio crystal which was able to communicate the sound waves of someone's voice through the amplification energy in the crystals. It was convenient, as we didn't need to use papers to hear the announcer. And along with that, there were energy screens made through energy tools that would broadcast the match from down below. I really appreciated the technological advances throughout the years that went by. It amazed me that people were able to come up with such convenient methods for very tedious things. It goes to show just what happens when people come together to actually make something productive.

"Right then before we begin announcing the matches, I would like to give our King some time to speak today."

As soon as I heard the word King, I knew exactly who that man was. The government we were under was a monarchy, headed by the King and Elder Council, his officials that helped pass down the laws in the country. He was the most powerful person in the country of Oskax, and probably the most powerful in the Asura Continent currently, since we're the only large nation on this piece of land.

He cleared his throat on the amplification crystal before speaking. "This nation celebrates 100 years of existence. Around this time, we were divided between four nations, all warring against each other. And then, the leaders at the time realized their mistakes and ceased fighting and wrote the Oskax Treaty, which unified the four countries under a single name, Oskax. That is what we celebrate today. And so we shall see the newer generation and how they will fare in the next few decades into the future."

Although the country wasn't as perfect as it was, the King was still a respectable person to look upon.

Then the announcer resumed speaking. "Now we will announce the match ups!"

And then, as if it was just my imagination, the 8 matches with all 16 participants were shown on the energy crystal visual display.

Match 1: Wendy Tempest vs Lukas Sly

Match 2: Ryan Tempester vs Sera Growlithe

Match 3: Ryder Crash vs Akira Tekkeji

Match 4: Samirah Winters vs Shunji Kozume

Match 5: Jake Blazes vs XXXXXXXX

Match 6: Zane Cross vs XXXXXXXX

Match 7: Zack Sho vs XXXXXXXX

Match 8: Kita Arata vs XXXXXXXX

As it turned out, I would be in the second match. But to my surprise, I would be facing Sera in the second match. After last night, the thoughts of what happened kept sticking into my head. But I guess that was fair, since anyone would still think of something serious happening just before you slept.

"Well Lukas, good luck in your match then!" Jake said as he smacked Lukas in the back.

"Well then Jake, you better win yours too, I won't hold back if we do end up fighting."

I could see Sam facepalming herself in disappointment in them, she was very good at facial expressions whenever people she knew lost their heads. I would probably sit down up here and relax for a while before I had to head down to get queued up for a match.