- CHAPTER THREE

-
1:50pm
in the classroom
-
they were still there, standing in front of each other in their "empty" classroom. yelling at each other. HE-HYUN'S eyes started to water. she held back her tears.

"please stop yelling at me sung-woo ."

"i'm not yelling! i'm tired of your lies and i'm tired of you telling me there isn't anything going on when it's clear there is!"

HE-HYUN was choked up. she couldn't speak.

"please."

she was sobbing now. tears filled her face.

"great now you're crying. even more proof that you're cheating on me with him. i'll see you later."

HE-HYUN fell to her knees when SUNG-WOO left her and sobbed.

"god damnit."

she sobbed loudly but quickly felt arms embrace her. her sobbing continued softly. she didn't care who it was, and she didn't want to know.

-
after school
3:56pm
-

HE-HYUN waited patiently for IL-DEUNG driver to show up to take her to their house. she sat on the concrete wall reading a book.

someone approached her and she slightly moved her book down to look at the person standing in front of her.

"hey."

IL-DEUNG stood in front of her with a small frown on his face.

"wanna get dinner later? my parents are working late."

she frowned at him and went back to her book.

"whatever"

"hey! look at me while i'm speaking"

his voice was stern but she ignored him. she ignored him and the butterflies in her stomach.

"no."

she said still looking at her book. she wasn't reading, she just wanted to act like she didn't care.

he grabbed her wrist making her drop her book.

"i'm tired of your attitude towards me."

"i could say the exact same thing."

"when have i had an attitude with you?"

HE-HYUN scoffed and laughed loudly.

"you're joking."

she said with a sarcastic face. IL-DEUNG looked confused by her face and got closer.

"and why are you laughing?"

"because you're so pathetic its killing me. stop acting so big and bad. I've known you long enough to know you're too much of a pussy."

his face grew red, not with embarrassment, but anger.

just then, the car pulled up and HE-HYUN immediately separated herself from him and opened the door to the car and got in.

IL-DEUNG stood still in shock.

"are you getting in or what?"

he reluctantly got in a shut the door behind him. the entire car ride was silent.

-
at the Na home
4:30pm
-

they reached the house after what felt like hours of driving in silence to a empty and even quieter house.

HE-HYUN sighed as she approached the fridge, starving. since she didn't eat at lunch she decided to have a snack before dinner.

she pulled out a thing of strawberries and washed as much as she wanted, putting it into a bowl and sitting at the island. she grabbed her book and began reading while eating.