Chapter 34: Belladonna

"Dinner is served, bitches!" Hollered Mick as he came through the large, open doorway, holding a huge baking tray in his gloved hands. How comical it was to see a burly, tough guy wearing such dainty, flowery oven gloves. However, Barbie couldn't possibly lift it by herself.

The turkey was enormous!

There was a roar of celebration at the sight of the heavenly-cooked food. Sid was eagerly tucking a napkin in the collar of his shirt, knowing he was going to be messy with his food. The grand dinner over Christmas was incredibly anticipated, especially since it was at Shawn's house.

Barbie insisted on making the Christmas dinner by herself, but quickly Sallie and Liv assisted her, being her extra hands to work on the massive loads of vegetables, starters, small jars of condiments, and Sallie was already pulling out Yorkshire Puddings from the oven, a delicacy back in England.

She hurried behind Mick with the tray, holding a pair of tongs in the air, giving them a couple of clicks to make sure they worked fine. It was a habit more than a precaution. She almost walked into Chris, who was returning into the kitchen to get another glass for Slim, who's little voice was getting drowned by the large, old jukebox at the corner of the dining room.

The dining table was certainly not built to cater such an extensive amount of people, and so a few spare chairs from the garden were brought in, dotting around the already cramped dining room. Mick heaved the computer chair from the study room upstairs, while Paul and Craig lifted the round table from the patio outside, taking the parasol from it and leaving it propped against the door. The main dining room table had a large, elaborate tablecloth made of silken reds and gold thread, patterned and fashioned into festive shapes. Meanwhile, Shawn only managed to scramble for an old Halloween tablecloth to use on the makeshift extension of the dining table. Corey mocked at the rips at the corner, only to receive a quick swipe from the Clown.

"The fuck are those?!" Jim exclaimed loudly at Sallie, looking down at the Yorkshire Puddings in the tray she held.

"Yorkshire Puddings! A Brit's favourite!" Came the proud beam.

Chris craned his head at the little Brit.

"Pudding?! We're not having pudding yet-!"

"It's not a dessert, nobhead! You have them in a Christmas dinner!"

"This is America, you alien!" Mick boomed playfully, shaking his head madly at the little woman. "Take your Brit Puds elsewhere!"

"Try them at least!" Sallie cried out over the music, laughing. "Corey likes them!"

The Clown's eyes glittered with mischief then.

"That's because Corey likes you. He'll eat you out right now if he was given the chance!"

There was a howl of 'Oooooh!' amongst the friends, to which Corey chuckled sarcastically, waving his hands in surrender.

"Har-Har, very funny, guys!" He looked at Sallie, shaking his head as his hands dropped to his hips, tutting at his friends as if they were children. Sallie only managed to give him a tight smile, because she evidently read the silent 'That's my intention tonight' look in his eyes, making her head immediately return to their bedroom. Her knees went weak, and she quickly looked away from his tempting eyes, grabbing the Yorkshire Puddings and placing them in a bowl beside the Turkey tray.

This was the busiest Sallie had ever seen Shawn's house. It was like a house-party, only with close friends, their family, the Nine, and even some new faces.

Tucked between Shawn and Chris was a petit figure, much smaller than Sallie, donned with cropped dark brown hair, matching autumn-brown eyes peeking through the small, neat fringe. And just like the majority of the people in this house, she wore the unity colour of Metal, black jeans and a black shirt. 26, Canadian, having leaving the country at the tender age of 18 for adventure and freedom!