Chapter 13: The Honeysuckle House

Even after the long phone call with Pinkie and Jamie, it didn't soothe Sallie anymore. The panic was coming back up, and she was frustrated with it. Why was she panicking? She was basically dating her best friend, yes...

Maybe because her last date with Corey was a bit...disturbed by police authority. The concept of having anything nice in her life had always been destroyed or ruined, it was just something she was used to. Every time something remotely pleasant occurred, she was so ready to wait for it to be taken away from her...

So, the apprehension was probably there because she had lost so much in her life. Though Corey felt assured, holding this absolute air of male confidence that Sallie had never quite seen him with before. It was intriguing, at least. Corey was clearly ready for tonight, and Sallie was not.

Though she tried.

Corey didn't let up on anything with her. Each question she shot at him, he would fire back another question, never answering her questions. He was being secretive, and it was rather sexy seeing him smirking in confidence to see the evident strain in his girlfriend's expression.

She was scared, yes. Scared of a lot of things...but she trusted Corey with her life. So she was willing to take the chance.

"Where are we going, at least?" Sallie asked during lunch, and Corey grinned, his gorgeous blue, red and purple hair glistening in the beam of sun.

"Where haven't you been?"

Sallie promptly punched his arm in whining annoyance, followed by Corey chuckling at her cute attempt in interrogating the vocalist.

"Corey!"

"I'm not telling you, babe. It's a surprise!"

"If it's a fucking forest again..."

"Oh hush." Corey purred, tracing his finger down her cheek. "You fucking loved IOWA's love-chase."

Her silence agreed with him.

Normally, Corey would succumb to the temptation in telling Sallie his master plan, but right now, he was being very, very difficult. For the first time, he was tight-fisted with his plans, and it only concerned Sallie more. The fact he was being so stern and silent about the date only made her realise how serious he was being about it. He was absolutely refusing to give Sallie the slightest detail.

All day he had been teasing her, and when he playfully mentioned Disneyland, Sallie was genuinely close in believing him. At that point, she was taking any answer he would give her, despite knowing he was playing around and teasing her. He was being so secretive that anything was possible at this point. But, eventually, his little girlfriend gave up.

Even though Sallie had stopped her adorable interrogation, she was forever thinking, still plotting.

A romantic restaurant? A drive-thru movie night? A quickie behind the bush in the park...

...okay, that came from nowhere...

When the evening was coming near, Corey began to drop little hints, hints that only made Sallie's mind fire up with eagerness.

He mentioned a time.

9:00PM

That was it. Just a simple timestamp.

Okay, so it was a late date...a restaurant night sounds about right, but what if it was a movie...Corey had been eyeing up that Star Wars movie for a while, but that was Sallie's date idea for him!

She bit her lip as she looked at herself in the mirror. It was 7:45pm now, but she had gotten so restless that she needed to distract herself, and so she prepared her ritual for the date night for the first time. Her eyes glanced at the line of new make-up that sat at the edge of the white, old sink.