➼ The beginning ⦾

"What do you think will happen if you disturb someone who is peacefully sleeping?"

"The person will get mad!"

"He/she will hate you."

"They'll hit you!"

I ask every member of our photography club. Umakto pa sila ng kung ano-ano. Napailing ako sa mga inaasta.

"He kills you."

I quickly look at Sanny and completely focus my gaze on him. I am taken aback by what he said. "What the hell, Sanny?!"

He darts at me, ready to stab me if he had a knife. "Don't you ever dare to disturb my peaceful sleep, Sabrina Haxon." He remarks while my lips form into a grin.

That-

Napasandal ako sa kinauupuan ko. Hindi maka-move on?

"I cannot promise you." I give him a good laugh while he rolls his eye. Tinaas ko ang dalawang kamay, senyales na sumuko na ako.

I did disturb his sleep a while ago. But in my defense, "You slept in the classroom."

"We are in our vacant hour!" He widens his both eyes. "No teacher!" Dagdag pa nito, adding points on his remarks.

"Okay, okay... I am sorry about it." He made a 'tsk' sound before taking a deep breath.

"You are my friend." He said. Again and again, until he calms down.

I did piss him off.

Well, that's why I am your- "Best friend, Sanny." Pagtatama ko sa kanya.

"Whatever..."

"Look at this website," Pagagaw pansin ng kung sino. A member of us shows something on his laptop.

There are pictures of people walking somewhere. They wore a full-on white dresses. May mga nakatakip rin sa mukha nila na kulay puti.

"Kelan pa ba yan?" Tanong ko.

"Matagal na vp!"

Napangiwi ako, matagal na pala... "So, ano meron dyan?"

Umiling ito, "Nothing, really. Nakita ko lang..."

They look like a normal elder group. Wala namang kakaiba...

"It's just a group of adults, John."

I nod but stare at the headline. Nakuha nito ang atensyon ko.

"Observe of promising" I read in a whisper.

What on the earth does it mean, to be exact?

- -

Nilapag niya ang libro at umatras. She bows down to the ruler before speaking.

"My lord-" Sabrina froze, at the same time, frowned at what she heard.

He immediately stop her, raising his left hand.

"You—Sollene Gaiza Cloix—disturbed my sleep. Do you even know that?" The way he speaks will make you fall to your knees.

"I am aware-"

"Then why are you here?!" His yell echoed to the whole room. Like Sabrina said before and now- his voice is like goddamn lighting that ready to strike the whole of you.

Sabrina's mother kneels and bows her head. While the teen stayed frozen.

She's having a hard time processing things. Why is she bowing to the devil?