Ch. 13

Do you truly think Mephiles will ever let you go?
Not even death can tear you from him.
Death is his bitch😤
Just thought you should know 😉😏

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up that Saturday morning, though after all those horror movies, you were clearly unnerved, even with Mephiles' mockery of them, and he laid beside you as you slept, comforting you greatly.

You nuzzled against him, not quite willing to leave bed just yet.

"Good morning, girlie." He said, seemingly enjoying how clingy you were.

"Morning..." You yawned and rubbed your eyes, before snuggling into his chest.

"You sure are clingy in the morning. Shame that your parents don't know about us, otherwise this would happen far more often." He said softly and gently stroked your cheek.

"Mmh..." You slowly opened your eyes, your gaze on his chest as you did, and with you still being half asleep, you just nuzzled into his chest again.

Amused, Mephiles chuckled, and held you close.

"You're adorable." He was soft and weak for a mortal girl.

His past self would definitely destroy his present self.

Once you'd properly woken up, you finally (and reluctantly) slipped out of bed, Mephiles close behind you as you made your way to the kitchen to get something to eat.

Settling for a few slices of toast, you popped them in the toaster, and waited.

"Girlie." Mephiles said, and you turned towards him, curious.

He was silent for a moment, seemingly considering his next words, when he spoke again.

"Have you ever considered eternal life?" Eternal life?

Huh... you hadn't really given it much thought, actually.

Sure, it'd passed your mind, but before you'd met Mephiles, you'd no idea it was possible.

"I can't really say I have..." You replied, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Hm. I see." You tilted your head, slightly confused.

"Why?" He chuckled and poked your forehead, a slight smile on his lips.

"Don't worry about it." You pouted, though as your toast was done, you quickly forgot about it.

Mephiles sat at the kitchen table, his arms crossed, seemingly thinking deeply, and you did question him about it, but he just told you to 'not worry'.

Which only made you worry more.

Still, you ate your breakfast, then cleaned up the dish you'd used to eat from, before returning to your room.

You couldn't be bothered to change into everyday clothes.

Your pyjamas were far more comfortable.

"What are your plans for today then, girlie?" Mephiles asked, lying on your bed.

You sat at your computer and turned it on, before shrugging.

"Not sure. Probably just computer things." You replied, to which Mephiles hummed, watching you.

You were unaware of the fact his eyes were on you, simply typing away on your keyboard, continuing a story you were writing.

Not the same that you'd written back when Mephiles lived in your mind, but a new one.