Ch. 14 (NSFW)

WELL, this was a long time coming, huh?
This chapter is longer for more fun times 👀
I usually write 4 pages, around there.
This is 6. Hehe... six-sex.
Fucking nice.
Anyway, hope you enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday afternoon, your parents called.

"Hey honey, it's going to take a little longer than expected. At the worst, three extra days. Be sure to dress warmly, okay?" Your dad said, obviously not too thrilled about being away from home for this long.

"I will. I'll see you whenever you're done." You replied.

You hadn't the heart to tell them Mephiles had been attacked, as they'd probably go grey with worry.

You didn't want that.

Hanging up, you sighed, staring at the door to your room.

Mephiles was in there, waiting for you to return, but you needed a moment.

Just... to think.

Though, you weren't given much respite as your phone vibrated from a text.

Damien.

You checked it.

'Are you okay? I heard you'd been attacked. It was one of my newer... recruits, if you will', ah, of course it had something to do with him.

You kept reading.

'I'm sorry. If you were hurt, I'll be sure to punish him accordingly' he wrote, and you almost smiled at how just... worried he was for you.

Sure, he'd been a jerk.

But he wasn't all bad.

'I'm fine. He went for Mephiles, but couldn't get a hit in. I'm just a little shaken up, that's all' you replied, before staring a hole through the floor.

Mephiles seemed normal, and not at all bothered by what had happened.

Maybe he was used to it?

Back when he was in your body, he'd even fought off some goons for you, and rather expertly so.

You sighed again as your phone vibrated.

'I truly am sorry. I can't say I blame him for trying, though. Mephiles is still very much a threat to us. Everyone is understandably... uneasy' he wrote.

'Yeah, I understand. It's... scary. People don't want their world to end. Don't want to die. It's only natural' you wrote, before pressing send.

The more you were in this, the more doubts you had.

Yes, you cared for, even loved, Mephiles.

Was he really more important than the world you lived in?

You stood there for longer than you'd wanted to, and before you knew it, Mephiles had opened the door, and was staring at you.

"Girlie." He said, bringing you back to reality.

"O-oh, sorry. I got distracted." You awkwardly laughed, before making your way to your room, though he stopped you in the doorway, by blocking your path.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, and you hesitated.

You knew you couldn't lie, that didn't work.

But could you really tell him the truth?

You were silent.

"Girlie." He said, his voice soft.

You felt his hand on your cheek, though you still didn't look up.