Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8:

CELIA'S POV

How could I think straight, how could I possibly think straight when a rattling buzz lingered in my ear? I couldn't even open my eyes, when I tried it only felt as though weights had attached themselves to my eyelashes. When I tried to speak the only thing exiting my mouth was saliva.

"Sh*t Will, how much did you use?" What were they talking about? Who were they? Where was I?

"Oh dammit, can you help me out here?" Something pressed against my shoulders lightly, I wanted to whack it off, no matter how hard I tried to move though, I couldn't.

"Use more." Another low voice chirped in. Use more of what?

"What? She's looking rabid as it is!" I was used to looking disgusting due to the institute, but having people comment on my appearance who I couldn't see... That was darn right rude.

"Just do it!" He shouted.

"Why are we doing this again?"

"That's none of your concern, all you need to know is that the one who requested this... I don't know what they're capable of." And then a clothe was on my nose...

------------------------------

Bright colourful lights thrummed around me, I sat with my head leant against a table with a glass in my hand. I looked I side of the glass hoping to reveal what exactly I had been drinking, though I remained even more wary when there was barely a drop of red liquid left in the bottom.

I lifted my head shakily and glanced around, people, lots of women wearing tight dresses and men gyrating against them like there was no tomorrow, I couldn't blame them with the way my head was pounding there wasn't going to be a tomorrow.

The scariest thing... I couldn't remember what I was doing here, not for the life of me and neither the previous day to be honest. I was totally and utterly screwed. I just hoped that I was with someone who knew of my drinking tendencies.

Leaning against the back of the chair I inspected my own clothing... And shockingly I felt the urge to cover myself, Hypocrite is me commenting on the women's choice of clothing, when really my lack of skin coverage was just as embarrassing to behold.

What the hell had I been drinking? I really could use the remedy, anything to stop my head spinning.

"Celia? I've been looking for you all over." A guy wearing a checkered top and jeans came up to me, talking directly to me. Had he not been staring at me I would've looked around to see who he was talking to had he not been direct. How had I possibly forgotten my own name?

"You have?" The place wasn't that big my view reached the other side of the dance floor and there looked to be little more than that beyond.

"Yeah, of course I have." His name dug at me, it had to be deep inside of me... I would have to use the alphabet trick...A...Aaron? Nope... B...Ben? Nope.

"Did I drink a lot?" I asked warily was he my... Boyfriend? C...Cameron? Nope... D...David? Nope.

"Nah sweet pea, you're just a tad bit of a lightweight." E...Elijah? Nope. F...Fred? Nope.

He couldn't know I had forgotten him, it was just too embarrassing, if I got through this I'd never drink again. "You've drank more than me?" G...Gary? Nope. H...Harry? Nope. I...Isaac? Nope.

"Yeah well, I have a liver of steel." He laughed ruffling his fluffy brown hair.

"What's the time?" I asked whilst trying to find a clock. J...Joe? Nope.

"Quarter past freckle." He then withdrew a phone from his pocket and examined the screen. "10:45"

I nodded and he held out a hand towards me. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I wondered carefully wording sentences to seem less... Thick. K...Kieran? Nope. L...Liam? Hmmm. Nope.

"Because you're my friend, after what you've been through you needed this." He smiled down at me and I took his hand decidedly confirming his loyal friendship.

"I do need it..." In the morning I'd wake up and everything would be back to normal and my memory would return.

"Are you okay? You look slightly pale?" M...Matthew? Nope. N...Nathan? Nope, I had to have passed his name already...

"I feel a bit dizzy and...forgetful." I stood up holding tightly onto his hand.

"Do you want me to take you home?" O...Olli!... Nope. P...Phillip? Nope.

"Yes please..." Q...Quinn? Nope, I had to edge this with a different technique. "You have a really pretty name."

"What's so pretty about it, there's nothing pretty about being called Willy, bad nickname that is." He chuckled. Will! William! That was it, so I hadn't passed his name. Inside I did a little success dance.

"It's cute haha." I smirked as he led us outside.

"Yeah yeah, you're just lucky I can't take the Mickey out of your name." In front of us was a road lined with black taxi's, William approached the first one and opened the door. "Lady's first."

"Well you better get in just before then." I joked, praying that this was the way we treated each other as friends, a brother and sister-like relationship.

William gawped at me then jumped into the back of the taxi, I followed him laughing with his obviously fake annoyance. "Imperial avenue, sir." William announced to the driver. "So little Celia, when were you going to tell me about your ways..."

"Huh?"

"You said I was more of a lady than you, when did you... You know... Change." He said, his face remaining serious until I lightly tapped him and he burst out laughing.

"Shut up, you can't turn my joke against myself." Then I leant against the head rest and closed my eyes.

"Celia Green, grammar expert."