Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Ryan then stopped. "Wait." The man stopped and turned on his heel. "You owe him an apology Celia." Inside Celia was screaming every question possible.

"I'm sorry." Celia said sarcastically.

"Say it like you mean it. And you should look her in the eye." The man cautiously got closer to Celia stupidly turning his back to Ryan, Ryan lifted his arm and slammed it into the side of his head. The man fell with a muffled thump to the floor. "Well at least he has a soft landing... Dammit." He laughed clicking his fingers.

"How did he see you, and how did you hit him." Celia asked bouncing up and down.

"I guess someone high up there deemed it necessary." He said smiling proudly.

Ryan peeked his head around the door, then gave the all clear. They made there way through the twisting and turning corridors, walking painfully slowly to avoid any attention, they hadn't yet run across anyone who looked as though they had the authority to stop them but then again people could see Ryan, they could just presume he was an escort.

Celia was grateful of the sealed windows on the cell doors, because she felt that if she could see the innocent face she wouldn't be able to leave them behind. No one here deserved to be here, sure people claimed to have seen or done some weird things, but they were all perfectly capable human beings who could easily handle a normal life... How come she was the only lucky one to escape? Celia paused and stared at Ryan.

"What? Come on we need to get out of here before our little friend wakes up." He said panicked practically bouncing up and down, how come he was the panicked he wasn't really all here, he couldn't get trapped back in a bloody human kennel...

"The others, what about them?"

"They are in a nuthouse for a reason." Ryan shrugged it off, Celia couldn't just brush off the sincerity of his harsh words, she stood and folded her arms across each other.

"Obviously not, you said so yourself that something more is going on." She'd rather be stuck in a hellhole than be judged by her only friend as a nut-job.

"We haven't got time for this Celia." He said seemingly blaming her.

"No, we haven't got time for this at all." And with that Celia turned away from the ghost that she thought understood her too well, then walked back towards her cell.

"Celia? What?" Ryan huffed growing agitated.

"I'm not crazy, you're real! How dare you call me insane?" She growled not looking back.

"Oh jeez, Celia you're not crazy at all, I didn't think about what I was saying. Please, just let me get you out of here..."

"The others..." Celia wearily said.

"The others... We can think about them later, for now you're the only one I'm worried about. Celia, I'll be honest with you, if I had the option to save everyone but you or just you, it'd be you every time." She couldn't really complain about how he sweet he was being but it still felt selfish that she was the only lucky one to escape, she made a mental note to herself to find the real mess going on with this place and get the sane people out.

Finally the made it to the doors after various confused glances, but no one seemed to be worried enough to bother stopping them so they got through easily. Celia couldn't help but quiver as her hand touched the door.