Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11:

What was going on? How had he gotten in here so quietly? I blinked twice deciding how I would beat him to a pulp but by the time I looked back at where he had been, he was gone? Hell I really need to sleep more if things like this were going to happen... Part of me wanted to crawl out of bed and find William, he'd think me crazy though so decided against it... Well for about 2 minutes before I jumped out of bed and slivered into Williams room.

"Who's there?" He shrieked and shot upright. "Celia?"

"I'm not feeling great..." I said quietly, not wanting to admit my fear.

"What's up?" He mumbled rubbing his eyes.

"I feel a little dizzy..."

"Sleep is the best medicine for that." He groaned throwing his head back down onto the pillow.

"But I can't sleep."

"Why not?"

"I just said why, I feel sick." I answered agitatedly.

"Before you said you felt dizzy... "

"Fine I had a nightmare."

"Did you have cheese before bed?"

"What? No..." Cheese?

"Cheese gives you nightmares."

"There's nothing to be afraid of, whatever happened in your dream isn't real."

"Do you mind if I sleep on your floor?" I asked sounding like a puppy.

William made a growling noise then sat up again. "You sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the floor."

"No I'm not going to kick you out of your own bed."

"Well I don't think you're going to be willing to sleep in the same bed as me." Honestly any appeal of security in staying with him vanished, and I'm certain my cheeks had turned crimson.

"Maybe not."

"Me floor, or we share bed, I won't have it any other way." And with that I crawled beside him, not under the quilts because that would've been uber weird I just stayed on top of the covers and rested my head against the pillow. "You comfy?"

"Yeah, thanks William." I said through a yawn.

"Just call me Will, William makes me sound all dukey." He laughed quietly.

"Will?"

"Yes?"

"Do I love you?" I was frightened of asking but in the morning I could blame it on tiredness.

"I know you did as a friend, that's all though..." He flipped over so that he was facing away from me. "Can we sleep now?"

"If you want." I answered shutting my eyes.

I felt at peace being so close to him, I didn't know what it meant, whether I did love him and some remnants had remained or whether because he had been the only one there for me he had just captured my heart... I couldn't know for sure.

--------------

I woke half laying on a quilt and half covered by a quilt, I snuggled deeper into it as I spotted the sun creeping in through the blinds and the birds chirping like they were singing to one another. Will was gone and though part of me wished he was here, the other was happy to wake up bad breath, bed hair and all, alone.

Throwing the quilt back I flopped out of bed and planted my feet onto the cold floor, the laminate felt like ice and for a second my feet levitated above the floor. I shivered then bounced across to the bathroom letting my feet touch the floor as little as possible. Cold, cold, cooooold. I stood on the shower-matt and switched on the heat, I let the water run until the steam filled my nose, finally decided it wasn't going to turn me into a human Popsicle and so striped and got into the cubical.