Chapter 8

After Mun Dok told the three of them to search a priest, they start their journey.

"Hak, Nee-sama... Are you looking at something?"
"Nothing. That old man... How does he expect us to find a person who we don't even know the location of?" Hak complained.

~flasback~

"A priest?" (Yona)
"Yes. Since ancient times, there has been a priest who could read the future of kouka kingdom. Right now he besides somewhere in Land of Wind. Princess, if you are having doubts for what you should do from here on out, then go to the priest. He will surely tell you the path you should take." (Mun Dok)

~flashback end~

"The priest, huh...? I heard that from long ago, the priest lived in the palace shrine... And worked closely with the country's politics. The priest left the castle because Yu Hon-sama oppreseed him... And now lives quietly in a place away from the population." He then stops for a second.

"He's secluded from populated area... So we came here to look, but... This doesn't look like a place where people can live in the first place. Well, if you lived here, you would probably tumble off a cliff right away, but... Others could manage to live somehow." He continued, "But in mountains as cold as these?" Yona ask.

"Well, I don't think it's impossible..." Yuriko answer her.
"The Northern Land that the Fire Tribe constrols is even more barren. Nobody bothers with this place, so it may surprisingly be a fine place to live." She continues her explanation.

"Anyway, Himesama... Unless we come ascross something in vicinity, we'll have to sleep outdoors. What do you want to do?" Hak ask her.
"Outdoors? I'm a bit used to it."
"It's not like the mountains by the castle. It's freezing here."
"Then I'll nestle up against you and Nee-sama to sleep."
This makes Hak's Hsu Quandao slips from his grip.

"That's fine and all, but... I might do a few naughty things, you know?"
"Yeah, ojousama, please don't trust Hak-sama, he's a pervert when it comes to you, you know?" Yuriko agrees with him, making an irk mark pops up on his forehead.

"Naughty... Pervert?" Yona ask obliviously.
"By that I mean..." Hak then bring his face closer to Yona's neck and traps her between him and the wall behind her.

"... Things like this."
"Hak-sam-!" Yuriko who thought that Hak's jokes has gone a bit too far seems to realise that he's not doing this to jokes around, she made eye contact with him, who nods his head to confirm her suspicion.
"Hak... Wait! What are you..."
"Be quiet." He says this in serious tone making Yona immediately realise that something's wrong.

"Footsteps... There's 50... 60..."
"No, maybe it's 70..." Yuriko also press her ear on the wall.

"Soldiers." This makes Yona surprised.
"I didn't think they were pursuing us anymore... But then again, we shouldn't be surprised." Hak smirks.

Yuriko then realise Yona's uneasiness, so she slips the hood of Yona's robe to her head, makes sure that it's covering her hair. "Don't worry too much, ojousama. You have Hak-sama and me, remember?"

"Nee-sama..." Yona looks a bit relaxed after she said that, before Hak ruins the moment.
"Himesama. If you nestle colse to sleep with me... But don't do a better job at hugging me... I won't have any interest in doing naughty thing to you anyway." He says while shakes his head.

"What are you talking about?!" Yona waves her hands in annoyance, but that did makes Yona feel more relaxed than before, realising this Yuriko just shakes her head in his childishness.

"Well then... Hak-sama, if you've did your warm-up, shall we get to work?" Yuriko then grab her katana, without unsheat it, and stands close to Yona.

"Ojousama, please stay close to Hak-sama."
Clunk