Chapter 6 Maria's POV

Maria P.O.V

"Look i don't know what you want but we can assist you in the best way we can." My mom says without taking her focus off the road.

"I don't want anything from you.I just want to make sure your nothing like the rest of them." The unknown male voice said still pointing the gun at the back of my head.

"We're not them, we are humans juat like you. Please don't hurt my daughter." Mom says with nervousness in her voice.

"Pull over." The male demanded

Mom does as he says and pulls on the side of the road in the grass.I closed my eyes and thought about all the times my dad carried me to get ice cream while I was a kid, how he would carry me on his shoulders and pretend he was a plane and I was a pilot.

My thoughts were then interrupted with the male demanding me to get out of the car.

"Please you don't have to do this" Mom pleads while walking towards him cautious as he continues to hold the gun to the back of my head.

"Back the fuck up bitch or I will end this shit right here." The man says now pointing the gun at her while still holding me by the back of my neck.

" Here is the plan. Am going to take your car and leave you two alive." The man says still pointing the gun at mom.

"But we will be sitting ducks out here, they will kill us." Mom responded.

"Bitch it ain't my problem. Now am going to hand you your daughter and slide out.No funny business when I hand you her ok?" The man says while tightly still grabbing on my neck.

"Okay." My mom says calmly.

He then throw me on the floor harshly and then hopped in my mom jeep and sped off with a screechy sound on the road.

"Are you okay honey?" Mom asked me while picking me up and hugging me.

"Yeah mom am good. What are we going to do now?" I asked looking at the jeep as it disappear into the night.

"We have to get to somewhere save until help arrives." She said hugging and walking me in the direction the man went.

2 Hours Later

We walked for about 2 hours and to be honest I needed to rest to catch my breath. So my mom and I stopped at an Oak Tree and sat down against it.

"Maria we can only rest for 2 minutes. We got to keep moving."
Mom says still standing up looking around.

"Mom I can't just keep walking I need some type of rest." I said closing my eyes from exaustion

"15 minutes but nothing more." She said then sat next to me.

The sun brighten my eyelids instantly waking me up but I shield my eyes from the brightness of its light.

Finally grasping my bearings I looked around and mom was gone.I immediatly got up shock and confused as to where in the hell did mom go.

"Mom!" I screamed as loud as I can and then four more times but got no answer.

I then start to panic and look around hoping to God that my mom was alright .

I then ran through the woods hoping to find her but stop dead in my tracks when I confronted two dogs. They were growling at me with blood draining from their mouth.

I then ran back to where I came from with the dogs in pursuit. I ran as fast as I can but no matter how fast I ran they were getting closer.

Suddenly I hear gunshots behind me and the two dogs howl in pain and agony.

I turn around to see what had transpired behind me only to see my mom breathing heavy with a shot gun in her hand.

I then smiled and ran up to her and hugged her.

"Mom where did you get this shotgun?" I asked admiring its beauty.

"In a cottage a mile from here.I didn't want to wake you up because we walked all the way from home." She said looking at me smiling.

That doesn't even make sense. Why would she not wake me up and leave me in the open like that, and where did she learned to shoot a shot gun.

She then grabbed me by the throat and shoot me in the gut with her shotgun leaving a big hole in me.

Am I dead.....no no no this can't be happening. She then turned into my father.

"You little bitch, you can't run fron your daddy." He said blood covered over him.

I screamed so loud I pitch out of my sleep and realized it was still night.

"Honey its okay. You had a bad dream. Its going to be okay I promised." My mom says while hugging and rocking me as I cry.

I then promise myself I will never sleep again, not if he is on the other side of my dream.