Maria's POV Chapter 9

As we ride in the truck to our safe haven destination I fought myself over and over again from falling asleep but I was starting to lose the fight as I began to doze off but was interrupted by a loud sound that nearly killed me with a heart attack. I looked at mom who looked at me lost for words as she grabbed her knife from inside her boots.

"Shit. Sound like that tire blown  again just give me a few minutes to check it out." The sargent said said as he exit the truck with his nine millimeter in his hand.

"Maria stay here am going to watch his back."

"Mom your doing it again. Your trying to be a hero." I said trying to stop her.

"Look Maria this can be an ambush and we must help if it is."

"Which makes it more dangerous for you to go out there." I said but she was already out of the truck.

I then came out the truck myself because I couldn't take the suspense waiting on them to return. When I got to the back of the truck I saw the soldier and my mom looking at the tire of the truck which appeared to be okay to me.

"Mom the tire isn't flat we could go now." I said pointing to the front of the truck.

"Yeah I guess-" My mom said but was interrupted by the soldier who now points his gun at her.

"Get on the ground. Both of you." The soldier demanded before taking out two set of plastic cuffs and cuffing us.

"Wait you can't do this." My mom says but the soldier ignores her.

"Please let us go or those things will kill us all." I said starting to panic.

Then suddenly I see two other armed soldiers coming out of the bushes who the soldier walks up to and began talking soft to them.

I look at my mom who gives me that everything is going to be alright stare.

The soldier then walks back where we were and points his gun at my mom.

"Am sorry but this must be done."

He then shoots my mom in the head causing blood to splatter in my face which immediately stopped me from breathing,hearing and just coping with what happened all together .What just happen just now? Did I miss something. Please God let this be a nightmare please.....I prayed to myself but to my horror as I opened my eyes and came back to reality I realized the horror in the front of me as my mom face now covered in her own blood with her eyes wide open staring at me with regret.

"Get up." The soldier said as he grabbed me off the ground with me kicking and screaming.

"You motherfucker I am going to kill you for what you did." I said to the very top of my lungs making sure he felt every word that I meant.

"Dean shut her up." One of the other soldiers says before Dean knocks me unconscious.