Chapter 4 Maria's POV

Maria's P.O.V

I can barely open my eyes and everything looks blurry. I open my eyes as hard as I could and notice that the flash light my mom carried with her is on the floor pointing at my dad's table. Where are mom and dad? Why was his eyes black and why did he attack me?

"Mom?" I shout in the dark basement hoping to hear her voice but got no response. Shit mom where are you?

"Dad?" I shout again hoping to hear him respond with a yes honey or even a yes Maria, but got nothing.

I get up off the floor and grab the flash light and flash it around the room to see blood stains all over the wall. Is this happening? Please tell me this is some big Punk'd special show am featuring on for parents pranking their teen kids.

I start to hear this whispering sound as if somebody was having a whispering fast frenzy, ok now this is starting to freak me out.

"Mom is that you? Where is dad?" I asked hoping it was her trying to tell me something.

I flash the light towards the whispering sound only to see my dad on the wall sticking to it like fucking Spiderman with those fucking black eyes staring down on me. I scream as loud as I can realizing and accepting that this man is not my father and I ran as I fast as I could to the stairs and trip down when I took the first step on it. You got to be fucking kidding me, of all the times this is when am going to fall down.

I look around to see if he was behind me with the flash light catching every corner of the dark room but I don't see him. Where did he go? Well am not going to lay here and find out so I got up and continue to run up the stairs when suddenly he drops from off top of the freaking roof right in front of me. I was so shocked I just froze looking at him on the stairs as he looks at me with those black eyes examining my body in a sick way.

Well this is it I guess my death on the first night of this invasion I should brace myself on what is to come, I close my eyes tight just waiting for the pain to come. But it didn't come as I heard the alien like creature scream in agony I open my eyes to see a knife in its head and black like gooey stuff drains out of his head. He collapses to the floor and I was so glad to see my mother I hugged her before she can even hug me.

My mother and I locked the basement and both had a bath, then we went in the kitchen and load up every weapon we can find and put them in a bag because we planned on leaving here and going to my grandmother and staying with her until we figure this out, and let's face it who wants to stay in a house with a dead alien like zombie in their basement.

I felt bad about my father though, for what happened to him and I knew for sure the creature my mom killed in that basement was not my dad. Mom explained to me that in the basement when my dad grabbed me and try to bite me she knocked him in the face with the flash light and led him to her so he can take his attention off me and in the process she stabbed him in the chest over and over I guess that explains all the blood on the floor and wall. I don't know if he was still alive or dead but am not staying here to find out.

So we packed some clothes, bottles of water, can goods, and knifes for weapons even though we had a knife each hidden in our jeans on us. We grab our too bags and quickly headed outside and jumped in mom's 2009 Wrangler jeep. I sat in the passenger seat as mom starts the jeep and thought to myself with my eyes close, why is this happening and where is Robert? I tried calling him like five times since I came out of the shower but the signal was still off. This is stressful I hope he is alright.

While mom drives she puts her right hand on my hand squeezing it and smiling telling me things are going to be ok. Suddenly a man jumps in the middle of the road screaming all bloody up causing mom to suddenly press breaks giving that screechy sound.

"Mom lets go, we can't trust anybody." I said looking at her as she continues to stare at the man.

"Maria his eyes are normal he isn't one of them, he may need our help." She says unbuckling her seat belt and opening her door to get out. Shit mom this ain't no time to play hero.

"Sir do you need some help?" She says cautiously walking to the man, I grab hold of my knife in my jeans just in case.

"Please help me, my daughter and wife are still trapped in the house and its too much of them for me to handle." He says pointing at the house on the side of the street.

My mom runs with him towards the house and I open the car door and jumped outside.

"Mom what are you doing? He can be one of them this can be a trap." I said running up to them.

"Look am not one of those things. They attacked us as we pulled in the yard coming from the grocery store." He says looking at both my mom and I, and I can see the fear and anxiety in his eyes as he opens the door carefully.

I can't believe am going to actually face one of those things again, but if it was me I would want somebody to help me too.

I took my knife out as did mom, something was different about her now though she felt so strong and so brave. I felt so scared and so timid, sigh why did we came along with this man in this house in here is creepy with the lights off.

I start to hear whispers, oh no here we go brace yourself because they know we're here. The man stopped in the dark kitchen and my mom shines the flash light on the fridge and we see a little girl sticking on the fridge like Spiderman, just like dad.

"Pappi why do you want to hurt me?" She says with her head still down.

"Mister lets go she is about to attack us and we don't even know where the rest is." My mom says backing away from the kitchen with me following suit.

"No this is my daughter and I have to save her." The man says walking close to her.

"Save your daughter? She is already gone Steve and you and those two bitches are next." The little girl says showing her black eyes and she jumps on him and bites him on the neck, he screams in agony as me and my mom run out the house.

"Run Maria runnnn!!!!" My mom screams to me as I looked back to see if she was behind me as I ran out the door.

I ran to the passenger side of the car and open my door and jump in as mom does the same on the driver side. She turns the ignition and we speed off.

"Mom next time listen to me we could have gotten killed with that man back there." I say trying to catch my breath, I have never ran so fast until tonight.

"I know honey......I know." My mom says tapping me on my leg.

I feel this cold substance in the back of my neck and a click at the same time. My mom and I just looked out of the windshield shock. Whoa whats going on? Please tell me that's not what I think it is.

"Keep driving bitch or I will blow her brains out on this dash board." The strange voice says making me fear more than ever tonight. Shit why do we have to get robbed tonight it's the end of the world or probably just mines.