A New Year's to remember.

We were finally home after the Christmas holidays, it was New Year's eve and we were sorting the house out, ready for the New Year, we did a full deep clean of the house, and cleaned out all the beasts. We had decided as a group we were going to go out for the night to a club near us, where there was a dance been held to ring in the New Year.

Soon after dinner I was pulled upstairs by Queenie and Tina, I changed into a deep purple flapper style dress, stopping just above my knees, a layer of black mash covering the skirt, and the new black heels my mom had gifted me for Christmas. Queenie looked stunning after changing into a blush pink flapper dress, small white beads hanging from the hem, leading back up the skirt into white lace covering the skirt, she was wearing the same pink shoes she had the night of the Ministry ball. Tina looked amazing in her deep blue flapper dress, it stopped just above her knees and the small tassels fell from the hem, reaching down to her shins, the skirt and bodice was covered with a black lace detailing; on her feet she was wearing deep blue heels.

When we got downstairs the boys were waiting for us in the kitchen, the guys were dressed very nicely in some slacks and dress shirts with waistcoats. Theseus had styled his hair neatly, gelling his curls down to tame them, Newt had not done that, his curls were as unruly as ever, which I loved. They stopped talking as we came in and smiled softly at us, Theseus spoke first, "You all look beautiful."

"Thank you, honey." Queenie beamed.

"Thank you, Theseus." Tina stated, a small blush on her cheeks.

"Thank you." I smiled, pushing some of my hair behind my ear.

"Wow, you always amaze me." Jacob commented, staring straight at Queenie.

"Thanks, Sweetie." She smiled, straightening his tie for him.

"You look lovely, Ro." Newt complimented, hiding behind his unruly mop.

We reached the club at about 10:30, people were already slightly tipsy as we walked through the crowds, locating a table near the back, music was blasting through the club and people were dancing all around the room. Theseus went and ordered us some drinks, coming back a few minutes later with a tray of drinks, swerving through the sea of dancing people, he placed them on the table for handing us all some drinks.

"God, it's packed in here." Queenie stated, looking around the room.

"Yeah, I didn't realise this place was so popular." Theseus commented.

"To be fair, we have never been in here before." I replied.

"That is a very good point." He mumbled, taking a drink of his beer.

I looked around the room, watching the Muggles go about their nights, enjoying the music, the drinks were flowing easily, everyone was just in their own world with their friends and family. I leant back into Newt's shoulder, sipping at my drink as I continued to scan the room, there were only a few people that were now sitting down and drinking, everyone else was dancing. I watched as a man walked up to a table of women, he leant against the table, smirking down at them, I was watching intently while the women shook their heads at him. He sat at the table with them, making the women shuffle away from him slightly, I glanced away briefly, seeing Theseus also watching the scene, I caught his eye and he nodded at me. I took out my wand subtly, Newt looked down at me in shock, I nodded over to the scene, now all of us at the table were looking over, as the man reached out and tried to grab the one women's hand, I shot a small spell to him, making him jerk his hand back in slight pain.

"Electric shocks?" Queenie asked, giggling slightly.

"It was the first thing that came to mind. I don't actually want to hurt him." I replied, shooting another one at him, making him clutch at his neck.