Part 25

Marinette throws her frisbie and it slices through the door like paper, the pair run through it and outside the Agreste house to see what had become of the world.  Paris was near destroyed, the streets are littlered with rubble and there is no sign of human life. There is a large commotion in the distance and the pair run towards it.

They reach the heart of the battleground: the Mayor's house. But before they can get inside, an army of akumatised victims block their path. Almost every villain they have ever fought is present and prepared to fight them.

"Not a problem m'lady" "Adrien says "We fought them all before, we can fight them again.

"yeah, but not all at once!" Marinette replies

Out of nowhere, Carapace, Rena Rouge and Queen Bee appear and begin fighting the akumatised people, Marinette and Adrien are too shocked to speak, Master Fu must have given them their miraculouses

"Get out of here civilians!" Queen Bee commands

"We aren't civillians" Adrien tells her, "It's Ladybug and Cat Noir, we are just using another Miraculous because Hawkmoth and Pavone stole ours."

"Just call us FeatherBug and Black Swan" Marinette says

She stops and turns to them. "Oh... well don't just stand there, help us!" she yells

The five set to work picking off akumatisations one by one, they manage to trap most of them in a room of the Bourgeois house. 

"We have to get the ladybug miraculous back so we can set these people free." Featherbug says

"Oh I don't think so Marinette" a voice books across the whole house. It's Hawkmoth's coming through a speaker.

Everyone looks shocked and turns to FeatherBug who has no idea what to say.

"Marinette?!" Rena Rouge asks, hardly able to believe that this whole time her best friend was the mysterious superhero

"You should give up now." Hawkmoth's voice continues "We are in posession of the two most powerful miraculouses as well as our own. Do you really think that you, and my pathetic son can stop us?!"

Carapace turns to Black Swan. "You're Hawkmoth's son?!" Carapace, Queen Bee and Rena Rouge exchange looks. "What is going on here?!"

"Its a long story but we only just found out today." Black Swan tells them. "Please, we need you guys help now more than ever" he pleads

"You guys owe us one hell of an explanation after this." Rena says, before running from the room to fight more villains outside.

"We'll hold these guys off while you two find Hawkmoth and Pavone." Carapace says before he and Queen Bee join Rena Rouge

Black Swan and FeatherBug rush up to the next floor of the Bourgeois house and find Hawkmoth and Pavone ransacking Mayor Bourgeois' office. Just as they are about to enter, someone pulls them from behind and drags them away. It's Nathalie

"You can't defeat them, not when they are like this" she whispers.

"Of course you would say that" Adrien retorts "You're on their side. You always have been"

"Thats not the whole story." Nathalie takes an inward breath and looks down. "I wanted to help your father, but I never wanted this." 

"Nathalie, tell us everything. Now." Black Swan firmly asks

She sighs again. "It all started over twenty years ago...."

"I moved to Paris to be a designer, left my family in Lyon to follow my dreams and became the last recipient of the Gabriel Agreste internship. Gabriel presented me with many wonderful opportunities and treated me with kindness and friendship. Its safe to say, I fell for him. But at that time, he was engaged to Emelie and I couldn't jeprodize my career for a relationship with my boss. Once he stopped the internship, there was no place for me in Paris anymore, but instead of returning home, having failed at my dreams, I became Gabriel's personal assistant. A stable job, meaning I could stay close to the only man I ever loved.