CHAPTER FOUR

SATURDAY, INTER CONTINENTAL, SHANGHAI, CHINA

Staring at the fans holding up banners, waiting for ZGDX, Tong Yao waltzes inside the hotel with her luggage. Sadly, although she came with Jin Yang, the latter has decided to stay with her grandmother instead. Walking inside the hotel, Tong Yao saw many more fans of ZGDX seating in the lobby waiting for their idol to arrive. Taking out her phone, she presses on Xiao Rui's image, putting it up to look for the person. Even though she has meet him before, it has been few years since their first meeting, she could barely remember what he used to look like anymore.

Walking to the receptionist, seeing a familiar male dress in white polo, she raises her phone, matching the picture and the real-life person. Realising she got the right person when he looks up from the counter.

'He hasn't changed,' Tong Yao thought, walking closer to Xiao Rui, 'Only his hair...'

"Hi, you must be Tong Yao," he greets with a smile.

"Xiao Rui?" Tong Yao asks, not wanting to be wrong about the guy.

Xiao Rui nods his head, "Yeah, I'm the one that contacted you, manager of ZGDX,"

Happy that she found the correct person, she sweetly smiles at him, "Hi, Mr. Rui," slightly teasing him as she recalls that he hates being called 'Mr.'

"No need to call me that," he waves his hand, "Just call me Xiao Rui or Rui-ge, anyway, this is your card," he hands her the hotel card.

"By the way..." she hesitates, "Gege, are the team here?"

"Yeah," he nods, "But they're not here at the moment, but they should be back soon from the training match," Xiao Rui smiles teasingly, "Why? Want to meet them?"

Tong Yao instantly shakes her head, rejecting the offer, "No, no, no. Not at all,"

"Why not?" he questions, not sure why she didn't want to meet the team when everyone would die to have a chance to personally meet the ZGDX up close, "When our trainees came to our main base, they couldn't wait to meet the team, especially Cheng-ge,"

"I want to meet them too," Tong Yao admits, "But I didn't wash my hair today and I haven't agreed to the contract," Xiao Rui chuckles at the cute and awkward confession of Tong Yao. However, their attention goes to the fan who starts to run outside, and to the entrance, yelling out that Lu Si Cheng has arrive.

The two watches closely, seeing the fan surround the entrance from the outside and the inside. Swaying their banners, loud voices echoing in the lobby calling out for their idols. Another wave of shivers jolts Tong Yao, the loud voices, banners, everything she's witnessing reminded her so much of when her fans would greet her in airports, congratulating her for the win the competition.

Tong Yao smiles slightly at the memory, "I heard Ming-sha's retiring?" she asks, slowly looking up at Xiao Rui who nods his head, "Is it because of his hand injury from a year ago?" he nods again, "Oh my, he's Ming-sha though," she looks back at the entrance, "Best Midsolo...well in my opinion anyway,"

Xiao Rui glances at her, looking at her side profile, digging deep inside his memories of where he has seen Tong Yao before. But no matter how hard he tries he couldn't, "That's why we need you," he scoffs a smile, gaining Tong Yao's attention again, "What do you say? Have you decided? Do you want to join ZGDX?"

Tong Yao avoids his gaze, not knowing what answer to give. She herself is unsure whether she should accept or decline. Bitting the inside of her cheeks, she thought deeply, wondering what answer she will give. Being a Professional E-sport player is one of her dreams, it's her second dream, her second choice of career if Ballet didn't work out. Having given the chance to play as the starting line player for ZGDX, her cousin's team, being offered to be their staring line player despite having trainees and substitute to play as midsolo, is a great honour for her. Yet she is being pulled by the tides.