2

The people you love won't always be there for you

The people you love won't always be there for you. But, while they are, you should cherish your time together. Care for them, and make sure they know you love them. 

Because you never know what will happen.

-----------

"Hello?" Ambrose called as him and Axel walked into the house. Axel watched as he tossed his things over the side of the couch in the living room, venturing deeper into the house.

He was grateful Ambrose had come for him. He wouldn't have known what to do, and that wasn't how he wanted to make money, letting other people touch him. He had considered it, yes, in a desperate moment of need, but decided it wasn't the best idea.

He brought Ambrose's things with him to the back, knowing Dusk would get upset if he saw it, and left them in the man's room. When he went back to find him, he was happy to see Parsley with him in the kitchen.

"Parse!" The taller man silently accepted a hug, eyes flicking to the time. Only three o'clock? "Wanna watch a movie?"

"I thought you got a job." He said, voicing his confusion, his voice soft and low.

"Yeah. Not anymore." Axel was already over it, and searching through the pantry for popcorn. He didn't notice the look the two men traded behind his back, and Parsley sighed, reaching for the cabinet they kept it in.

"I'll put it in the microwave. Go pick a movie, I'll be there in a minute."

Axel went happily, and they could hear the TV turning on in the living room. Ambrose put the popcorn in the microwave as Parsley cleaned up the counter.

"It happened again?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah. He's alright, the guy didn't do much. But he's brushing it off."

"We have to tell Dusk."

"I know. I handled the guy, though."

Parsley glanced at him, lips tugging into a frown. "Handled him?"

"Embarrassed him, threatened his career." Ambrose smirked. "In front of his customers."

"You made a scene?" Parsley sighed.

"Of course I made a fucking scene. It's like you guys don't know me." He took the popcorn from the microwave when the timer beeped, making both of them wince at the noise.

Ambrose was dramatic, and wasn't afraid to let people know it. Parsley assumed it was to hide how he really felt--that's what Dusk had said. The man had denied it, of course, but Parsley had silently taken it into account.

He was observant, used to watching others. He noticed things about them most people wouldn't, and he saw the tense way Ambrose stood, and the way his eyebrows furrowed. He was angry, and respectably so.