6

Falling in love can be like a nice outfit

Falling in love can be like a nice outfit. A uniform for school. You wear it every day, every other day, and it's normal, then one day something sticks out. You find you like it a little better every day, and soon it's your favorite, and you won't share, or let anyone else touch it.

-----------

"Parse!" Dusk shouted. "Come on!"

Parsley played with the end of the dark skirt, contemplating whether or not to go out. They wouldn't care, Parsley knew that, but it didn't make the worry any better. Of course, the hybrid liked when they liked how they looked, even if it didn't seem like it was true. 

But, since they all needed to be out of the house, it wasn't fair to hold them up any longer.

"Parsley!"

"I'm here." Parsley murmured, sliding into a chair.

Dusk turned, and his eyes dropped to the skirt. He smiled, and pressed a kiss to Parsley's forehead, fingers petting ears softly. "You look nice, babe. Is it they/them today?"

A nod, and Parsley's cheeks flushed at the compliment. Dusk set a bowl of cereal on the counter.

"Aspen's in heat, so you all will have to find something to do today. I can't pick you up from work, but I'll transfer some money if you need it for a cab."

Their heats were usually spaced together pretty well, and Dusk was pretty sure the other four would have theirs in the next few days.

"I'm okay. What time should I get back?"

"Seven, eight. He'll be calmer by then. You just call if you need anything, okay?"

"Is Axel okay?"

"He's fine." Ambrose said as he walked into the kitchen. He grabbed a piece of toast as Dusk set it on the counter. "Parse, you have work today, right? Do you mind me and Axel going with you?"

Parsley worked at a small coffee shop, and didn't mind at all if they came along. "You can."

"Perfect. Thanks." He pressed a kiss to the man's cheek, before heading back towards the bedroom, toast in hand. Over his shoulder, he called, "And I like your skirt."

His cheeks flushed, and Dusk smiled. Xander came bounding in soon after, eager to tell Dusk something.

"Can I go to Quinn's?" He asked. Quinn was his friend, but Xander tended to drink a lot when he was with him, and Xander didn't take drinking well. Dusk had sat him down to talk about it before, and he had admitted Quinn wasn't the best at being a friend. "I promise I'll be good this time."

"I can't take you, baby." He said. "Aspen's in heat today, and I'm staying here with him."

He pouted. "I don't want to take a cab all the way there. He's almost an hour away."