5

Love is such a broad subject

Love is such a broad subject. It could be platonic, romantic, friendly, family. But as long as you know you love them, then that's okay. Express your love however you want. It's your love to have and use and give.

But know this: heartbreak is real.

------------------

When Axel said that he was bringing someone to dinner, everyone bombarded him with questions.

It had been almost three weeks since he stopped talking to Ambrose, who had been pouting and sulking, and sleeping around even more. He said, simply, that Sol would be at the house at seven, and if they embarrassed him he'd kill them.

So, at seven, they all made sure they were home. Axel was very clearly nervous, but Dusk helped soothe him. He had ordered pizza, since Sol wasn't a very fancy-dinner person. He knew, if the relationship was going to be serious, Sol needed to know that the men in the house came before everything else. And, of course, Axel knew the men wanted to see Sol for himself, and be the judge of if he was good enough for Axel.

Sol was early, which was a nice sign. He knew all of their names, which impressed Dusk and Xander. Ambrose and Aspen just silently nodded in greeting when he said hi.

He was tall and broad, with thick biceps, and large hands. His hair was blond and cut neatly, and Ambrose thought bitterly, he's actually pretty good looking.

In the past, Axel had very bad taste in partners. That was part of the reason he was so desperate for their approval of Sol.

Dinner started nicely--Xander and Dusk kept the conversation going with Sol, asking him polite questions that he answered. Axel seemed anxious--wanting Sol to like them, but wanting more for the men to like Sol.

And they did. He was nice and funny, and polite. He seemed to genuinely like Axel. Ambrose and Aspen, of course, didn't think he deserved Axel, and poked to find a weakness until Axel glared, then they stopped.

"What do you do?" Dusk asked Sol.

"I'm a florist. I own a flower shop downtown. You?"

"Oh," Aspen smirked at him from over his pizza. Dusk ignored him. "I work in a shop at the mall."

He didn't particularly advertise the fact that he worked at a sex shop, for obvious reasons. He sometimes saw people that visited the place outside of the mall, and while he wouldn't say anything, it was one of the reasons he refused to let Aspen work with him.

After dinner, Sol offered to help wash any dishes, but Dusk shooed him off. Axel told him they could go take a walk, knowing it would be awkward with the others, and that they wanted to talk about Sol. Xander wiggled his eyebrows suggestively when Sol's back was turned, and Axel made a face at him.

They walked out of the house, and Sol's fingers laced through Axel's, and smiled gently down at him. Axel liked Sol's smile--it always made him smile back.