10

Secrets are like a shaken up soda can

Secrets are like a shaken up soda can. As long as you don't open it up it won't burst.

Unless it's too much for the can to contain, and it gets out on its own.

---------------

The following week was...different in some aspects, but the same in others.

Aspen and Dusk were always close, and so were Ambrose and Axel. So when Parsley and Xander started spending more time with their respective pair, no one noticed the difference.

Usually, Parsley would have, but he was too caught up in Aspen and Dusk. The two men easily coaxed him to one of their rooms when they went to bed, and he went all too eagerly. For someone who didn't like to be touched, he fell easily under a little bit of pleasure.

No one really noticed the divide. They still curled together to watch movies of hang out in the living room, but at night it was a different story.

Axel, he knew it wasn't just practice anymore. Conversation with Sol had fizzled out, and they weren't talking as much as before. And yet, he still slipped into Ambrose's bed at night, letting himself get lost in the man's soft kisses. And Xander, he wasn't doing anything to help him learn, and Axel didn't mind it in the least.

He tried to give them time to themselves, convinced they wanted each other, but they were both--unsurprisingly--good at luring him back to the bed, and taking him apart together. He still fucked Xander--he decided he liked it more than Ambrose being inside him--but it seemed Xander was the one in charge. He was a "power bottom," Ambrose told him. He wasn't really sure what it meant, but Ambrose liked it, so that was that.

There were some days, when the six of them had a whole day to themselves. It was the rare day of the month when no one had work or appointments, and they could spend the day together. It was usually near someone's birthday, too, or a holiday, which meant they'd buy presents.

They had groups--Dusk and Xander, so Xander wouldn't buy anything and everything, Parsley and Axel, since neither of them would be caught dead alone in some of the places the other men would go. And Aspen and Ambrose, as an attempt to make them get along.

Xander immediately dragged Dusk to The Sweet Spot, and went off to find things for himself while Dusk chatted with his co-workers. The two of them went to find Xander new hair dye next, because the pink was fading. He was thinking purple this time.

Parsley and Axel went to the bakery for treats, whispering their reviews of them to each other so the cashier didn't hear. They went into a clothing store next, and Axel was forced to decide between two jackets he really wanted.

Parsely drifted off, and Axel found him not very subtly eyeing a rack of skirts from an aisle away.

"Do you want some?" He asked. "Let's go look."