Season 3 - Episode 20: Breakfast

"Good morning!" Bobby beamed as Char walked down the steps.
"Good morning Bobby!" Char smiled.

He took a seat at the counter and faced his friend. He had only just woken up, but he was already starving - and he assumed that Bobby would've cooked something while he was asleep, but...

"Are you going to make anything for breakfast today?" Char asked.

"Nah," Bobby shook his head, "I've been cooking a lot lately. It would be nice to take a break."
Char nodded. "I understand, but I was looking forward to something yummy..."

"Sorry. One bomb can only cook so much...." Bobby frowned - then his eyes lit up. "But I'm pretty hungry too, so how about we go out for breakfast?"

"WE'RE GOING OUT TO BREAKFAST?!" The basement door suddenly slammed open to show Blue with sparkling eyes and a wide grin.

"Oh boy..." Bobby closed his eyes with a disapproving look.

"Yeah!" Char beamed, "It'll be so fun!"

There was a scoff from the living room - Skull was standing there, as was Sans.
"You guys have fun or whatever, I'll just...sit here..."
He plopped on the couch and crossed his arms.
"Hey, don't be upset. I'll stay here and teach you how to play Wii." Sans offered.
"Wait, really?"
"Yeah. So you take the remote..."

Needless to say, Sans and Skull were staying behind. As for Weach...
"Sooo...tired..." she groaned.
Char had asked her to join them, but apparently, she didn't get much sleep last night.

And so, that left 5.

Bobby, Zelda, Char, Steve, and Blue arrived at a diner - one that Blue claimed to have heard was really, really good.
Granted, it was expensive,
But they still had money from when they stole Zelda's wallet two months ago.

"This place looks nice!" Zelda beamed.
"And I hope they're fast, too!" Blue added, "Because I'm STARVING!!"

They slid into a booth - Zelda, Bobby and Char on one side, and Steve and Blue on the other.

"Blue, you're ALWAYS starving..." Steve rolled his eyes.
Blue shoved him.
Steve shoved him back.

Zelda awkwardly looked to the side and pretended not to know them....

Their waiter - a Waddle Dee with a little bow tie - placed down some menus, and the five of them started looking through.

"Pancakes?" Bobby asked.
"Pancakes," Char nodded.

Bobby decided to order blueberry pancakes - Blue made fun of him by claiming he looked like a blueberry - which earned an elbow from Steve. Again.
Char was just gonna order some normal pancakes with a ton of syrup,
Zelda was going to order some waffles,
Steve wanted French toast,
And Blue....
"I'll take a stack of 10 pancakes - no, TWO stacks - some chocolate waffles, hash browns, eggs, and-"

Everyone stared.

Steve sighed. "Fine. Go crazy with it. Just...don't spend too much..."
Blue blinked in disbelief. "Wait really?"
Steve nodded. "Just...don't make me regret it..."
"YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" Blue cheered.

"Why did you encourage him?" Zelda whispered.
"Well, we always tell 'em no. And it's not like we're the ones cooking this time, so just this once...I guess." Steve replied.
"....But...our money..." Bobby whimpered.

They ordered their food - and their drinks -
And the wait began.

"I know we're always saying this, but it's been a while since it's been just the five of us," Bobby remarked, "We've made so many new friends - Weach, Sans, Skull..."